22 May Taking Vacation Home
After every trip, I try to make a list of ways to take it home with me. Each trip teaches me something new. Sometimes lessons overlap. Reminders versus new revelations. Other times, a trip can reinforce why you do what you do and where you live where you live.
This trip? I brought back a few things:
- I didn’t shop while I was in New York. I was content with what I had waiting at home and how I’ve been sending money (or not spending money).
- Speaking of things waiting at home, it was appalled thinking of all the STUFF we have at our studio. Garage sale and mega donation happening this summer.
- I’ll be shifting my focus back on collaborating with Adam with our work at The Wonder Jam. My life became a big multi-tasking project. Dividing and conquering. What’s the point of that?
- I appreciate our home, a retreat, so much more.
- Dogs are great, as always.
- We aim to be much more of a citizen, first. A tourist in our own city. This is something we often learn over and over. More on that later.
Off to our next trip!
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.