26 Apr Skincare and Makeup That I Repurchase
I’ve never been paid to endorse anything but I understand why it might be appealing (if you already love that product). But I’m here, as an unpaid blogger, to share some of my favorite skincare/makeup products that I constantly run out of and then re-purchase. When I say repurchase, I mean it. I don’t go through products as quickly as most. Which means I use these things daily and apply them liberally.
1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: The one featured in the photo above is their smaller size which still costs something like $42. I just repurchased the full size and it’s $64. Not only do I love how this looks on my skin but shade number 6 has the perfect undertone (olive) for me. Most foundation looks hella orange or pink. I will never stop buying this and I pretty much use it all year round. This is, I believe, my 6th bottle.
2. Sunday Riley’s Good Genes: I heard about this from a YouTuber and when I read the reviews online, I caved. I was so shocked at how much better my skin used within minutes of using it. It GLOWS. I swear. I don’t deal with fine lines much but I do feel like this is what allows me to not wear makeup and still feel glowy. This is my first bottle, completely empty. I bought the larger 1.7oz version last week.
3. Sunday Riley’s UFO Oil: About 6-7 months ago, I started getting a weird build up/texture on my right cheek and occasionally on my chin. They weren’t full on whiteheads or blackheads, it was deeper than that. I had already been amazed by Good Genes so I snagged a bottle. When I started using this, everything except a few bumps cleared up. I had to see an esthetician to take care of the last few. I use this every other night (only 4-5 drops). A lot of people say they don’t like the scent but I love it. I’ve also had many people buy it after I recommended it and they agree – it’s amazing.
4. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil: I use this to take off my makeup. I pump 2-3 dollops of this into my hand, work it into my skin and use cotton pads to wipe it off. It last forever and it’s hydrating. Not much of a scent (which I love). I pick it up at Ulta. This is my 8th bottle.
5. Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist: Whether I’m wearing makeup or not, I use this to make my skin shine (but not like, oily). I don’t have oily skin so I don’t think you’d like it if you do. I just DO NOT like looking dry. This is my 5th bottle.
6. Wild Origins Body Butter: I buy this in threes!!! It’s seriously my favorite body butter ever. It’s not gritty, it smells so amazing and it helps the driest of the driest areas. I swear, if Aniko (the owner), ever stops making this I will actually cry. Or she better tell me so I can buy 40 jars. I recently had a guest stay with us from out of town and she tried it and told me straight up, “I’m stealing this from you.” I honestly think this is my 18th jar or something like that.
7. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer: This concealer isn’t heavy and I love it in the color Beige. Oddly, the Beige color is more yellow than the Medium. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a yellow-ish color (but lighter) because in the winter it’s too dark. I’m on my 3rd tube of this.
8. Aquaphor Lip Repair: You can’t have lips and not use Aquaphor. RIGHT??? I once saw Mindy Kaling post about it. She was like “Drink water and slather yourself in Aquaphor every night.” I agree. Adam buys them for me in bulk when he goes to Kroger and I got my dad addicted.
9. Origins Charcoal Mask: The only mask I’ve been using lately and I apply it every week or two. It just feels like my skin is clean and smooth after. I buy it every time I run out. This is the “travel” size and it lasts forever.
10. Primally Pure’s Charcoal Deodorant: It took me awhile to remember that I want deodorant (aka I don’t want to smell), not antiperspirant. Sweating isn’t bad, people! I love the scent of this and I love everything Bethany puts out into the world. This lasts me so long, too. We repurchase their deo and body oils all the time.
Overall, it looks like I’m spending over $430 in total so like, if you want to sponsor me…hit me up.
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.