I’ve decided that this year is the year of forming habits. I turn 29 years old in four days so it seems fitting. I’ve been on the candida diet for 118 days now and I’ve been painting every day for the past 17 days. When #the100dayproject is over on July 27, what will I choose next? Actually blog?
I’ve learned a few things while trying to become a habitual badass and thought I’d share some advice:
- It gets better after day 12 (for me, at least).
- Have a close support system.
- Share! I created a Candida-specific Instagram account to learn, share and connect with others. I’m also sharing every painting I create during this 100 Day Project.
- Plan. I plan out my meals and I have food prepped constantly. I have my painting supplies out and ready for me to dive right in. Don’t make it harder for yourself!
- Understand why you’re doing it. I’m on this diet so I can live a fuller (less painful) life. I don’t want to sabotage all the work I’ve put forth so I don’t cheat! Someday I won’t have to eat this way but right now I’m pushing through.
- Allow yourself to change (even if it’s uncomfortable). While painting, I’ll need to challenge myself or be okay with hating something I create. When I first started this diet, I HATED eggs. Now I love them. My tastes change. We evolve.
- If you love it, it’s not difficult. I look forward to painting every. single. day. Sure, sometimes I have no idea what to paint but it’s still fun.
Thoughts? Complaints? Just kidding, I don’t give a crap about your complaints!