31 Mar Skincare Routine
SPOILER ALERT: I don’t use all natural/organic stuff on my skin. I’m vowing to change it, however, so while this is my “current skincare” routine…it will be different by fall. I’ll keep you posted as I change things out.
As women, we tend to get down on ourselves but after photographing women for years…there always seems to be that thing we’re proud of. Sometimes it’s perky boobs or the nice booty or teeth that look like expensive, well-fitting veneers. My thing? My skin! Without being obnoxious, I will admit that I never really had acne or tons of zits, but I did do my fair share of tanning. GOOD LORD WHY DID I TAN SO MUCH?
It wasn’t until a few years ago that I stopped. No more tanning beds during the winter. No more laying out until I sweat off my soul. It’s made a world of difference. But like I mentioned before, the stuff I put on my face wouldn’t pass the Think Dirty test. I’m getting there. Here’s what I do use while still experiencing clear skin:
- Yes To Grapefruit wipes (rated half n’ half on Think Dirty): Every night I take off my makeup with a Yes To facial wipe. It’s how I get off 90% of my mascara, foundation and lip color. It smells great and the wipes are slightly textured so you’re sort of exfoliating.
- Purity Made Simple facial cleanser (rated dirty on Think Dirty): I honestly don’t want to be using this cleanser, but I found it under the sink at my parents’ house and didn’t want to go out and buy anything new. I find that when I switch cleansers, I do get an occasional patch of bumps or one single zit and then I go back because I hate the hassle. Dumb reason, I know.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster (rated dirty on Think Dirty): This stuff is awesome and I really do feel like I get a good glow when I use it. Plus it smells like oranges. It has fragrance, however, and that can act as a hormone disrupter. Dumb.
- Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream (rated dirty on Think Dirty): Well this was rated horribly but guess what? It’s empty so no worries. I really loved the scent but again…it’s the fragrance.
- Korres Black Pine Night Cream (rated dirty on Think Dirty): This is the only product that I don’t consistently use nightly. I just forget. I never really see a difference in the slight lines under my eyes when I do use it so I’m not shedding a tear.
- Green Pasture Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Lived Oil Blend: I started taking this once Liz mentioned that it’s like super food for your skin. SIGN ME UP. Honestly. maybe it’s why, no matter how much poison I rub on my face, it still glows. Who knows but I’ll never stop taking it.
- Not pictured: I use Aquaphor Lip Repair everrrrry day (rated well on Think Dirty). I have like 8 tubes at all times and it saves me during the winter when my lips get chapped. Also, the one with SPF is NOT rated well so I stick to this one. I also exfoliate with all-natural exfoliant from a friend in the shower and use Lubriderm Advanced Therapy body lotion (rated dirty on Think Dirty) once I dry off. If I do want a subtle tan, I’ll use St. Tropez mousse (rated dirty on Think Dirty).
Products I plan to try this spring/summer (I will switch things out one at a time): Aiona Alive E-Citrus Cleanser, Dr. Bronner’s Lavender Coconut Lotion, Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Body Sunless Tanner. I’ll keep you posted!
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.