When it’s below zero (and -30 wind chill) you find yourself doing + experiencing new things. Here are just a few:
- Your dog just won’t poop. He just won’t.
- You see ice forming on the inside of your 100 year old apartment’s windows.
- You starting seeing your curtains as shields.
- Your husband braves the cold to get groceries and says earnestly, “Let’s make crockpot stuff this week!”
- You carry around the space heater with you like a purse.
- You put on chapstick 24/7 and coat yourself in lotion.
- You throw a bucket of boiling water into the air…BECAUSE IT’S AWESOME.
- You simultaneously want to take a bath but never get out.
- You become amazed at the community surrounding you + everyones’ motivation to help those in need of shelter, food + warm clothes.
- You get awesome photos texted to you from your family because they bought a coat + mittens for their dog.
- You become a hermit + hunker down to finish the entire series of Seinfeld (we watched the whole thing in like a month). THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKIN’ ME THIRSTY!
But really, I have nothing to complain about. I have warmth, food + way to make money even if it’s colder than the north pole. I’m wishing you all the same blessings!
Is it cold where you are? Ohio can’t decide WHO she wants to be so it will be 50 degrees and raining on Saturday.
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.