You guys. Life. I’m so, so thankful but so, so tired. I skipped blogging yesterday and was thankful to have a city guide on Wednesday because I just don’t have the same amount of time to blog that I used to. I had to make some major decisions this week. Decisions that were hard (like turn down a lot of projects and cut back my hours) but completely necessary to my well-being. You can’t work 12 hour days every day, only eat one meal throughout a 24 hour period and never see your husband…and be successful. If I had decided to keep that up, I would have failed (aka: snap).
Sometimes you’ll read posts like this every so often. The momentum builds with my business, I start making more money and the next thing you know I’m taking a step back again and checking my priorities. It’s kind of overwhelming to know that it comes in waves and I wonder if I’ll ever just “get it” or have it figured out. Probably not. Then life would be boring, huh?
Anyways, I’m thankful that it’s Friday because I need the rest of the world to slow down with me. I need a day or two when emails aren’t constantly hitting my inbox. I need rest so I can do it again next Monday. Here are a few things that I’m loving lately (because I still do really love life!):
- LUSH. Addicted. I think I’ll actually start showering every day so I can use that Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner.
- Festive outfits. I snagged those boots at TJ Maxx.
- My 5lb bag of almond flour from Nuts.com.
- My new lens! I bought the Sigma 30mm f1.4 and am shooting a portrait session this afternoon!
- A Christmas party invitation designed by one of my friends. Love it.
- Apple Pie Mead from Brother’s Drake. I could drink a whole bottle. It’s like they bottled the holidays and now it’s in my glass.
I hope you all have a great weekend and that you are able to relax too! What are your plans? If you’re in the Columbus area (and you like blogging + brunch), come to our Let’s Do Brunch event!