If you know anything about me, you know that I’m obsessed with Christmas and all things related to winter holidays. I decided to incorporate some of my festive cheer into my blog this year and host the first ever CHRISTMAS CITY SWAP! Inspired by my friend Heather P and her holiday themed craft ideas – I decided to host a gift giving swap! Here’s the concept:
- If you want to participate – you’ll be required to come up with a small gift basket / package to send to someone else in another city. All the contents of your basket/package must be local products from YOUR city. For example: I might send someone a bottle of Brother’s Drake honey mead, a special something from HOMAGE, or a Candle Lab candle with a few trinkets and a postcard!
- You sign up to participate in the swap by filling out the form below. It will require you to give me your full name, mailing address, email, dietary restrictions and spending budget.
- I will then match up the participants to the best of my ability and email you all with the person that you’ll be swapping with! I will do my best to make sure your spending budgets are about the same.
- While I won’t ban you from talking to each other before you send your packages, I do think it might be more fun to be surprised and then reach out via Twitter or email after you’ve received your gifts!
The entire point of this concept is to GIVE (while sharing a bit of our town/city). We all hold so tightly to our stuff and stress about money so much that we forget what it’s like to just do something special for someone else. Don’t feel like you need to give your recipient something “perfect.” Let the gift share a little bit about who YOU are instead. I hope we all make a friend!
Here are a few guidelines, however, to ensure this all works out smoothly:
- You must sign up by Friday, November 30th!
- You will receive your gift recipient’s information by Monday, December 3rd. Feel free to start shopping or planning before you get this information!
- Due to the many dietary restrictions these days, please refrain from sending perishable food. Candies or spices are fine.
- You must mail your package by Friday, December 21st!
- Unfortunately – this swap is really only intended for those located in the US since most of my readers are from here. I didn’t want to burden anyone with the cost of shipping. If you DO live in another country, feel free to sign up and if someone else in your area signs up too – I’ll match you! If there’s not a match, I’ll notify you via email.
- Lastly, if you bail and just flake out – you’re kind of a meanie. Don’t sign up for this if you don’t think you won’t be able to follow through.
So feel free to sign up below! Tomorrow, there will be a button on my sidebar that will link back to this page so tell your friends and family about it![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.