Every month, I attempt to try 3 new things. I’m happy to say that I succeeded last month and managed to send letters to friends/family, I went skinny dipping, AND finally got a grasp on video and editing. It was a good month and now I’m really excited for autumn and cooler weather.
Since I’m still on my spending freeze, I’ve stuck with doing things that won’t interfere with that:
- Create and post a video shot with my DSLR: I upgraded to a Canon T2i and am excited to shoot video with my new tripod!
- Host a swap party: Best way to get through the last month of my spending freeze? Get “new-to-me” stuff!
- Only buy produce from local farmer’s markets: I bought all of our week’s produce at the Grandview Farmer’s Market and plan to visit other local markets throughout the month!
Oh and if you haven’t noticed yet…my blog has a completely new look + name! If you’re curious as to why I chose to re-name it, check out my explanation here. I was never really attached to the name Show + Tell (I picked it impulsively when I switched to WordPress.org) and I’ve noticed a lot of other people using the phrase “show and tell” lately. I want to continually grow this space and it was time to pick something more meaningful. Let me know if you see any broken links/bugs/errors while clicking around!
In honor of this new look and start, I’m giving away a free blog re-design package (in WordPress) to one of my lovely readers! The package will include:
- Blog header design
- Social media/connect icons
- Customization of the Standard 2-column theme, horizontal navigation bar
- Web font + color customization
- Two rounds of revisions
Disclaimer: If you’re currently on Blogger, I can transfer your content to WordPress but cannot guarantee that your photos will maintain the correct width. Also, in order to maintain a WordPress.org blog, you must own a domain name + purchase a hosting package. I can help you do this but you will be required to pay for this.
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.