I’ve been trying to visualize the future these past few weeks. Where do I see myself? Where do I see my business going? What are my plans? I have a lot of things that I want to try and experience now that I have a bit more freedom with my schedule and how I make money. I always make lists. Post-it note lists, Moleskine lists, printer paper lists, iPhone notes list…um this is a list? (I have problems.) Here’s a short list of a few things that I want to try now that I’m self-employed (as realistic or dream-like as they are):
- Explore the art of videomaking and experiment with cameras and software
- Grow my film photography business
- Have a home office (and then someday have my own office outside of our home)
- Open my eyes to UX/UI design + best practices
- Meet some of my blogger friends in real life
- Freelance from another city for a week
- Financially sponsor WMC Fest in Cleveland
- Utilize my design blog regularly
- Work with an accountant and pay taxes quarterly
- Pull an all-nighter (just kidding)
Anything that I should add to the list? Do you ever make professional goals? What about all you lovely self-employed readers? How do you keep it fresh and new?
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.