It’s easy in the “blog world” to get overwhelmed or put off by the amount of materialistic posts. I never want my readers to feel like that but I DO love sharing deals, fun shops, and supporting companies that I trust. I hate malls but I do love to go shopping. Adam and I budget every month and are on track towards becoming debt-free so I’m not indulging myself every time I get the itch to shop. Here are a few ways in which I curb that desire to drop my hard earned cash:
- Online window shop. Seriously. I’ll fill up my cart after I carefully peruse my favorite online shops. Once I’m done…I click out of the tab. Nothing bought but yet I sort of feel like I did. Yes I am a dork.
- BLOG! Seriously, blogging about all the stuff I want actually helps. I’m able to share what’s currently caught my eye and hopefully you all will buy the stuff so I can’t!
- Fab.com! With Fab, you can gain enough credits that you don’t really need to pay for anything besides shipping. Through referrals and my referrals actually buying things, I’ve accumulated $185 and purchased over 16 different things including tshirts, prints, gifts, and magazine subscriptions.
- When I do finally save up for something on my wishlist, I usually turn to Amazon or Etsy. Amazon is great for things like books, 35 mm film, or household appliances. For everything else, Etsy has my #1 vote. Shops like SheTigerVintage and Pamplemouss offer vintage and handmade loveliness to set you apart from everyone else. Shopping local is also key. Support your community.
- Avoid Target. Okay…I literally spend $100 every time I go into that store!
- Keep wishlists. It helps you sit on it for awhile and not impulse buy.
- Know someone that can knit? Make home decor? Consider trading during the holidays.
- Unsubscribe to all those “deal” site emails. Seriously. It’s just temptation you don’t need.
- SAVE. Want that awesome shirt? Save for it. It makes you a better person. I don’t have proof, but it does.
Be Up & Doing in Your Inbox
Enter your email below and you'll get a weekly digest of any new posts from Be Up & Doing sent directly to your email inbox!