Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary!
For those of you who can’t watch the video right now, a little script:
George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I’ll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it’ll all dissolve, see… and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair… am I talking too much?
I realized yesterday that I have my own George Bailey. He would lasso the moon for me if I wanted it. He encourages me through verbal communication but also through daily acts of love. He’s kindess and generosity is contagious, like moonbeams shooting out of his fingers. I owe a lot of my motivation and inspiration to him. I don’t often talk about family, friends or my husband here on my blog but they’re a lot more important to me than typography, music or design. So I thought I would dedicate this post to Adam and all his loveliness. Hug the ones you love today!
Happy Monday! I see rain in our forecast for the next four days so I thought I’d share another photo from Vegas. Blue skies, I miss you. Enjoy the links.
– The Official Manufacturing Company is one of my new favorites. Someday I would love to work with a handful of people, closely, and create.
– A double decker dress shop?? Yes please!
– Before I Die…what would you fill in?
– Butter and Brass shares a few ideas for your walls…
– I made Jewel’s recipe last week and it was delicious.
But you’ll always be a dork deep down. You just might not always look like a complete dork. Or, you will because 15 years from now you’ll still wonder why you wore that ugly dress or how your head could possibly be THAT big. I thought I’d share from personal experience. Tee-hee. I give you…my brother, me and my mom. Holy cow. Those are some hilarious pictures.
Seriously, why am I putting these up on the internet? I should be embarrassed but I’m actually kind of impressed.
This Monday Link Love is dedicated to my dream house. I’m assuming that it exists somewhere since I would have no desire to build a house of my own. So, here’s to you housey.
– I’m not sure when wallpaper got cool again but I jumped on board. I love the first image in this post. Great pattern and contrast.
– Yes, actually my dream house could very well be a tree house.
– Holy bed, chandelier and wood galore. I love it.
– A great resource I stumbled upon with lots of great photos of rooms, layouts, and inspiration. The featured photo in this post was found there.
– Are you on Pinterest? If so, follow this LIVING board.
– I like the way these photos are arranged.
I thought everyone’s Wednesday could use a little bit of an “awwww” moment. Here are four of my favorite dogs. All cockapoos.
From top to bottom: Veda (my family’s dog), Desh (my dog), Violet and Oliver (my friends’ Megan and Josh’s dogs) and then me and Deshie!
– The photo above was taken by Kellyn. I talk about her a lot. And she’s blogging more! Subscribe!
– Rubber stamp business cards! I love it. I also love that you could change the color of the ink whenever you wanted!
– I love this post about being busy vs talking about being busy. My motto is “Stop talking about it and DO it.”
– Winnie the Pooh stamps!
– Rachael talks about Missed Connections on Craigslist and how one artists chose to beautifully visualize them.
– I was glad to see that DoubleTree hotels changed their logo. I hated the old one.
– This ring is gorgeous. Would you wear it as an engagement ring?
That’s all folks. Check out a later post this afternoon!
Happy 25th anniversary! Thank you for showing me what love looks like, no matter what the circumstance happens to be.