Work by Julian Bialowas. You can buy them as prints here.
I absolutely adore this quote (found here) and I remember thinking as a younger girl if I would grow up and find out that other people could think bizarre things, make up silly words, and be just like me.
I usually post Monday Link Love right now but we had a busy weekend. I hope yours was lovely!
With this whole 30 Day Drawing Challenge…I realized that I could just do the challenge (crappy drawings and all) or I could really try to create a style within my sketches. I am by no means an illustrator but as a designer I think it’s important to be able to convey your ideas on paper with your own hand. Here are a few that I admire:
1 | 2 | 3
For those of you who can’t watch the video right now, a little script:
George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I’ll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it’ll all dissolve, see… and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair… am I talking too much?
I realized yesterday that I have my own George Bailey. He would lasso the moon for me if I wanted it. He encourages me through verbal communication but also through daily acts of love. He’s kindess and generosity is contagious, like moonbeams shooting out of his fingers. I owe a lot of my motivation and inspiration to him. I don’t often talk about family, friends or my husband here on my blog but they’re a lot more important to me than typography, music or design. So I thought I would dedicate this post to Adam and all his loveliness. Hug the ones you love today!
Work is pouring in, I hardly have a moment to remember to sit up straight (finally seeing a chiropractor next week) but I’m staying inspired. I like making lists so here is my current, random list:
1. Only take creative clients.
2. It’s okay to say no.
3. CTRL+S OFTEN. No, CONSTANTLY.
4. Spend more time outside. It’s getting warmer.
5. Stay surrounded by your real friends and talented individuals.
The work above is by Mucca Design, found on Show Us Your Type, found on Graphic Exchange, Jessica Hische.
I’m ridiculously excited about this Monday Link Love. I truly believe it’s the best collection of links I’ve EVER posted. And I want to thank the Superbowl for allowing me 4 hours of free time to plan it! I thought your Monday could use the links AND a little smooch from Marilyn.
– This adorable ruffled tee on All Things Heart & Home is so adorable. I really can’t sew. I also don’t own a sewing machine but now I wish I did.
– Multi Tier Cake Pans?! YES!
– These wedding paper goods are in a league of their own. Watch the video at the bottom of how they made each invitation. Talk about dedication!
– I want to try to braid and style my hair like this. It’s getting long enough. Alas, it will probably just look like I’m homeless.
– “I want a boy who will build me bookshelves.” (Adam has already done this for me, so I win.)
– I’ve been missing my laptop recently. If I had a MacBook Air, I would be purchasing this case now!
– Do what you love and do it often. Well said. And nice type.
Stinking talented. Check out Mads Burcharth’s work here. Samples below. I can’t get enough of type lately.
– I could definitely go for a few items over at Jigsaw London.
– I could also go for a vacation here.
– Rachael recently wrote about “Things We Say We Want.” Very encouraging.
– I want kids if they’re this cute.
– I work for the Department of Natural Resources so I see these a lot. But I also want them all.
– Adorable paper gift toppers over at Evie S.
– The frame hanger. Better than hooks!
– Minimal design meets dish washing. I love this alternative to my current drying rack.
– I have a love for pretty wallpaper. Someday I’ll choose a pretty pattern like this.
– If this doesn’t inspire you, nothing will. Check out this completely renovated apartment.
– Go For It Design and custom type. Wonderful.
– Photos of this house caught my eye. They did a great job of utilizing wood throughout the home.
– I love birthdays. And these photos.
– I always go back and forth between having a tattoo as a piece of art or having one because it represents something very important. Either way, I love these tattoos.
– This video made me cry. Life is a beautiful thing.