I’m in the process of setting up some amazing interviews and guest bloggers for this series and so this week I thought I’d share some of my own finds. A lot of couples that I meet want a wedding that is affordable yet has a lot of personality. Below are a few pieces that caught my eye over on Etsy. Not only are they wonderful but they’re affordable too.
Beautiful, beautiful pieces. The top image is from DesignYourHome’s shop : Burcley Blue stripe, Handmade bed linen, Duvet cover. The Teak Salad Serving Set is from thewildplum’s shop and the Mod Spot Vase can be found over in shoshonasnow’s Etsy shop!
Sometimes if you dedicate an hour…or two…to finding things on Etsy, you’ll actually find amazing things. Don’t get me wrong- there are so many talented shop owners but there are A LOT so I always have a difficult time finding what I’m looking for. Hopefully you’ll enjoy these finds, unless I buy them all. Just kidding. I can’t afford all of this.
From top to bottom [sarahseven’s Mustard Beau skirt and tea top, MariesVintage’s Vintage 70s OXBLOOD Leather Cowgirl Boots 5.5, leoniesaliba’s Handmade Leather Weekend Bag, kickinmulevintage’s Vintage 1970s Snakeskin Evan Picone Heels Sz. 6.5, jennyndesign’s Briefcase in Chestnut Brown Leather – Made to Order.
– Need a placeholder while you’re building a website? I found this via SwissMiss.
– This art direction for Art Review caught my eye.
– Did you see this dumpster pool?! Amazing!
– I love this. Beautiful thinking.
– Fact: I would go camping if someone promised me that it would be like this.
– Here’s our perspective on our crazy car problems this past week. I love my husband.
– These business cards have inspired me to pass out all my old ones and re-design and print new ones.
– Awesome type via Vogue Living!
– It’s summer time and these photos are fabulous.
– Check out these dog crates. Prettiest crates I’ve ever seen.
– For my local readers: check out Cbusr! YOU can nominate someone who lives, breathes, and contributes to all things Columbus and promotes our fair city through Twitter and other social media platforms. Also if you missed the Columbus Pride Festival, check out this video by Mike Beaumont.
– Image taken on my trip with my iPhone. I swear I saw a sea monster. Don’t you see it?
I usually pump out links to share on Mondays but I’ve been behind in almost everything lately. My room is covered in dirty (and clean) clothes, I’m battling a head cold and I’m juggling three jobs! Anyways, if you’re bored at work or waiting for the weekend to roll around…enjoy these links!
– Who wouldn’t want the sand beneath their feet all day at work?
– Throwing a cocktail party? Impress your guests with these invitations.
– One of my all time favorite YouTube videos. It makes me want to have a daughter.
– I wouldn’t be cool enough to live here.
– Downloaded this mix over at Pitch Design Union! Love it.
– I love their use of the chalkboard wall. So clean and visually appealing.
– Buying a return address stamp here soon!
I know I say this every time I design wedding invitations but this set is really one of my favorites. The couple, who will be married this summer on Lake Geneva, decided they wanted to communicate to their guests the importance of the lake. They achieved this by adding hand drawn sketches of the Riviera building and the boat that their cocktail hour will be held. I’m excited to photograph these professionally and add the other design elements that I contributed later this summer. Check back to see their creative and beautiful escort card idea!
The Charismatic Dogs book has a site now! The photographer, TOTSPUPS.com, emailed me yesterday informing me Blurb.com will be using the Charismatic Dogs book for marketing purposes! Very awesome. Volume II is in the works.
Well, all of my orders are sent out and I feel accomplished in the fact that I had my first experience in paper goods. I realize now that I will always love print design more than anything designed for web and I’m okay with that. There’s something really great about holding what you created in your own hands. All-in-all it was fun and the cards that I still have in stock are already running low so I’m having a difficult time figuring out how many more to get printed. Feel free to leave your advice or if you’re still interested in buying a set for Mother’s Day, it’s possible that I can have then on her doorstep by Saturday!
*Pardon my horrid photography, all I have is my iPhone!