I was perusing the Interwebs for some floral inspiration and realized that when done well, it can be a really beautiful thing. Growing up painting and drawing, I always had people ask me on the spot, “Hey draw something right now….on this napkin!” And I’d be thinking in my head, “What should I draw?” And for some reason trees and flowers were the ONLY thing that popped into my head. “Trees and flowers? Really?” I would think to myself. If only I had known that flowers can come in various forms, colors, and interpretations.
Clockwise: Floral Ampersand from Blooming Leopold, Wallpaper found on Design Love Fest, Invitations from Mitchell and Dent, and a pretty photograph/source unknown.
Around mid-March I’ll be teaming up with The Rogue Magnolia to photograph my printed pieces. I’m excited about her creativity and extremely talented approach to photography. Here are a few pieces that have inspired me when it comes to my future shoot! Obviously they’re all very different so I’m considering having a separate section where I showcase my wedding invitations as separate events and sets. So much to think about!
From top to bottom: Swiss Legacy- Dalston, Found on Oh So Beautiful Paper via Bella Figura, Found on Under Consideration: FPO and designed by The Hungry Workshop, Found on The City Sage.
After collaborating a few times here in Columbus, participating in an awesome photoshoot, and meeting such talented professionals, ALL I WANT TO DO IS COLLABORATE. Of course, as an artist, I enjoy working by myself as an individual artist but something within just wants to share the experience. SO, if this idea (and video) makes you smile please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and maybe we could work together!
P.S- How amazing is that video by Shark Pig? (Photography by Max Wanger/Ban.do products)
I judge books by their cover. That also goes for albums and their artwork. I pinned this image on Pinterest awhile ago and then went to the source. Commence dancing booty in my chair. It took me to Fiction Fred. I’m currently exploring the blog (by Fred, a graphic designer from Cape Town, South Africa). Listen the single here and enjoy!
I’ve always had the biggest design crush on Keetra Dean Dixon. The pieces I’ve featured above are a part of a project. Check out all her work here. AMAZING! Seriously, I’m her biggest admirer.
Um, yes I still haven’t seen it. It takes A LOT to get me to the movie theater. I promise it’ll happen. Until then, I can still love the movie poster variations that I found on Where the Lovely Things Are.
– Gorgeous photo by Harry Bloom.
– A great interview with Simone Harouche over on Rifle‘s blog. My favorite part of the interview was:
What’s the best advice you’ve received and the greatest lesson you’ve learned so far in your career?
Greatest advice was from my agent and friend Margaret Maldonado, “If you work at what it is you want to do every day, it just gets better and better.
Every day you get closer to where you want to be. When people talk about what they want to do but they don’t show up, they get stalled. Just do it. If you want to be a painter, make sure you paint every day.
Greatest lesson: And this one I had to learn personally- Always take valuables out of the car. No matter how tired you are, or how long your day has been.”
- Norway saw snow
this week! Makes me excited and dreaming for Christmas!
is an iPhone app that helps you check off that to-do list before sending anything to the printer.
- Seth rants here
. I like it when he rants. “For less than your cable TV bill, you can buy and read an important book every week.”
- Black and white foil stamp wedding invitations
. I have this obsession with foil stamp lately. I may utilize that for my next business card design.
– The aerial shot above was taken by David Zimmerman. I found it over at Black Eiffel. Love these.
– Max and Margaux’s wedding video is amazing! The video was created by Shark Pig.
– Need a placeholder while you’re building a website? I found this via SwissMiss.
– This art direction for Art Review caught my eye.
– Did you see this dumpster pool?! Amazing!
– I love this. Beautiful thinking.
– Photo above taken by one of my best friends, Kellyn.
– I want a banquette when we finally own our own home.
– And this office chair. I’ve already tested it. It’s the best chair. Ever. Best. Ever.
– I was so glad to see Jeni’s appear in my Google Reader! If you EVER stop through Columbus, GET JENI’S!
– New recipe to try: Inside Out Moon Pies.
– These posters are some of the most visually entertaining pieces I’ve ever seen.
– Your one stop website checklist.
– Can’t stop listening to this album.