We’re going to Vegas next month! Our first time visiting. What should we do|eat|see? Comment with your suggestions!
I’m ridiculously excited about this Monday Link Love. I truly believe it’s the best collection of links I’ve EVER posted. And I want to thank the Superbowl for allowing me 4 hours of free time to plan it! I thought your Monday could use the links AND a little smooch from Marilyn.
- This adorable ruffled tee on All Things Heart & Home is so adorable. I really can’t sew. I also don’t own a sewing machine but now I wish I did.
- Multi Tier Cake Pans?! YES!
- These wedding paper goods are in a league of their own. Watch the video at the bottom of how they made each invitation. Talk about dedication!
- I want to try to braid and style my hair like this. It’s getting long enough. Alas, it will probably just look like I’m homeless.
- “I want a boy who will build me bookshelves.” (Adam has already done this for me, so I win.)
- I’ve been missing my laptop recently. If I had a MacBook Air, I would be purchasing this case now!
- Do what you love and do it often. Well said. And nice type.
I was perusing the Interwebs for some floral inspiration and realized that when done well, it can be a really beautiful thing. Growing up painting and drawing, I always had people ask me on the spot, “Hey draw something right now….on this napkin!” And I’d be thinking in my head, “What should I draw?” And for some reason trees and flowers were the ONLY thing that popped into my head. “Trees and flowers? Really?” I would think to myself. If only I had known that flowers can come in various forms, colors, and interpretations.
Clockwise: Floral Ampersand from Blooming Leopold, Wallpaper found on Design Love Fest, Invitations from Mitchell and Dent, and a pretty photograph/source unknown.
I can’t remember if I already posted this video but I’m begging you with all my heart…watch this video. Adam and I saw Mumford and Sons last year at a small, intimate show and they made me cry three times with their beautiful voices, music and lyrics.
Around mid-March I’ll be teaming up with The Rogue Magnolia to photograph my printed pieces. I’m excited about her creativity and extremely talented approach to photography. Here are a few pieces that have inspired me when it comes to my future shoot! Obviously they’re all very different so I’m considering having a separate section where I showcase my wedding invitations as separate events and sets. So much to think about!
From top to bottom: Swiss Legacy- Dalston, Found on Oh So Beautiful Paper via Bella Figura, Found on Under Consideration: FPO and designed by The Hungry Workshop, Found on The City Sage.
After collaborating a few times here in Columbus, participating in an awesome photoshoot, and meeting such talented professionals, ALL I WANT TO DO IS COLLABORATE. Of course, as an artist, I enjoy working by myself as an individual artist but something within just wants to share the experience. SO, if this idea (and video) makes you smile please contact me at email@example.com and maybe we could work together!
P.S- How amazing is that video by Shark Pig? (Photography by Max Wanger/Ban.do products)
If you know anything about me, you know I have a huge girl crush on Nicki Minaj. Yes, quite different than my last girl crush (Natalie Portman) but hey–who says I have to have a type?
But you’ll always be a dork deep down. You just might not always look like a complete dork. Or, you will because 15 years from now you’ll still wonder why you wore that ugly dress or how your head could possibly be THAT big. I thought I’d share from personal experience. Tee-hee. I give you…my brother, me and my mom. Holy cow. Those are some hilarious pictures.
Seriously, why am I putting these up on the internet? I should be embarrassed but I’m actually kind of impressed.
Happy Monday! This Monday Link Love is just the normal kind. No special theme. Just links that I’ve either bookmarked, saved or gone back to in the past week! Enjoy!
- A website devoted to grilled cheese? Yes please. My maid of honor threw my bachelorette party at a gourmet grilled cheese restaurant in Chicago but it’s closed since then. Sad.
- I don’t like drinking coffee all day so I thought maybe getting one of these electric water kettles from Bodum would be a great way to drink tea throughout my workday! Anyone have one of these?
- Find out what I’m currently reading here. Are you on Goodreads? Let’s be reading pals.
- I may or may not be getting some Snap next month from Philly. Woo!
- I’ll also be making some crisp pan-fried potatoes soon.
- I’m excited to be taking my love of photography into a new phase this spring. More details about that later. Until then, I’m admiring photographers like Angi Welsch.
- Still loving Chris Milk’s short film “Last Day Dream” here on Vimeo.