I decided to make my mom’s recipe last night. I made two loaves (the second was bigger) so I thought I’d share. Who doesn’t like pictures of food? Anyways, it didn’t turn out as great as when my mom would make it but that’s a reoccurring theme in my cooking/baking life. The recipe is below for those that still want that taste of the holidays!
Pumpkin Bread (I added the chocolate chips):
- 3 1/3 c flour
- 2 c sugar
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 t baking soda
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 c water
- 1 can (large) pumpkin
- 2/3 bag of chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix first 8 ingredients and add the remaining ones. Mix and beat 1 minute. Bake large loaf pans for 1 hour and small loaf pans for 35-45 minutes. It makes 3 large or 5 small loaves.
I absolutely adore this. I was always a big Eeyore fan growing up. It also sums up my attitude about weather here in Ohio.
I found this on Pinterest. Anyone know the source? It wasn’t linked.
This Monday Link Love is dedicated to my dream house. I’m assuming that it exists somewhere since I would have no desire to build a house of my own. So, here’s to you housey.
- I’m not sure when wallpaper got cool again but I jumped on board. I love the first image in this post. Great pattern and contrast.
- Yes, actually my dream house could very well be a tree house.
- Holy bed, chandelier and wood galore. I love it.
- A great resource I stumbled upon with lots of great photos of rooms, layouts, and inspiration. The featured photo in this post was found there.
- Are you on Pinterest? If so, follow this LIVING board.
- I like the way these photos are arranged.
My new favorite Tumblr! A compilation of things organized neatly.
Images link back to sources.
It’s possible that I MAY be going to Italy in February!!!! Currently hoping that it all works out. Meanwhile, I’m seriously drooling over these photos by Allison Smith.
Post your book suggestions as a comment. Sharing is caring!
Natalie Portman. Still haven’t seen Black Swan. Mostly because I despise movie theaters. On my to-do list!
Top image of Madagascar’s Stone Forest! (photo by Steven Alvarez). Bottom left image found on Amateur Couture. Bottom right image found on Poppytalk. I couldn’t find the photographers’ names for the bottom two photos so if you know it, comment with the info!
Currently drawn towards stripes, landscape orientations, and lines. Straight across.
Top piece of work by Shaun Kardinal found over at Miss Moss. The bottom two pieces by Donald Judd found over on Minimalissimo.
This Monday Link Love is dedicated to patterns. PATTERNS GALORE!
- The featured image was found on m8roberto’s flickr page.
- A cute polka-dot hand towel found over at Terrain [$22]
- A sailor sweater found over at J.Crew [$88]
- Squares blanket found over at ferm LIVING [$99]
- Striped Air Mail Cotten Label Tape over at Wonderland Room [$4.50]
- Michael Miller Sanctuary Zen Garden Pear fabric pattern over at Fabric.com [$8.98/yard]
My pattern inspiration found over at Pinterest.com!