– I want to make these homemade tortilla chips and these lime cilantro sweet potatoes.
– The Closet Visit films are lovely and, of course, the typography grabbed my attention.
– I’ve bookmarked this talk that Tina Fey gave to Google. Has anyone watched it yet?
– Foil stamping AND the color teal? Heck yes! The Montreux Café Identity System is lovely.
– Sharon recently posted this blog post featuring a few videos by past ADC Young Guns winners. Love them.
– I’ve been recently mesmerized by all things space, moon and constellations. I love the photo above (found on Pinterest but only linked to Tumblr.com) and I also just bought this print over on AGC916’s shop on Etsy.
– This idea for a wedding guestbook is adorable. Have your guests write their birthdays in a full year calendar! Although-then you would have no excuse to send a card.
– I need these shoes.
– How amazing are these lamps. I want one in every color.
Happy May Day! Today marks the first day in my 30 Day Drawing Challenge and I’m pretty excited! Steven Stevens, a designer and illustrator located in Oregon, will be sharing his drawings here daily too. Today’s drawing: draw yourself!
If you’re interested in sharing your drawings here on my blog, just email them to me the night before to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll include yours! And if you’re just participating on your own, let me know by commenting below!
We’re packing a lot in this weekend. Off to Chicago to see family, friends, friend’s beautiful baby boy, and try to shoot film. I’m ending this week fully exhausted so maybe I can catch a few zzzz’s on the way up there. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for being patient while I compile lots of wonderful new blog content!
1 | 2
Holy crap. I want. Um, my birthday is May 9th so email me if you need my address to ship this beauty.
For those of you who can’t watch the video right now, a little script:
George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I’ll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it’ll all dissolve, see… and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair… am I talking too much?
I realized yesterday that I have my own George Bailey. He would lasso the moon for me if I wanted it. He encourages me through verbal communication but also through daily acts of love. He’s kindess and generosity is contagious, like moonbeams shooting out of his fingers. I owe a lot of my motivation and inspiration to him. I don’t often talk about family, friends or my husband here on my blog but they’re a lot more important to me than typography, music or design. So I thought I would dedicate this post to Adam and all his loveliness. Hug the ones you love today!
My anti-week was lovely. Nothing extraordinary happened but I was able to focus a bit more, spend less money, and exercise healthy habits. I also made a list of things that made me smile throughout the week. My goal is incorporate more of those things into my daily life. I’ll be blogging lightly until I have enough content and things worth sharing lined up. For today, you can head over to xheight to read my guest post over there!
Image found here.
I’m naming this week: ANTI-WEEK. For me, it consists of:
1. Canceling all social plans
2. No Twitter
3. Reading every night before bed
4. Working out every day
6. Making a list of things that make me smile
7. Making a list of things that make me frown
8. Attend my first CSCA event
9. Start work earlier, end work earlier
So essentially, my ANTI-WEEK is really a ME-WEEK. It’s not that I don’t love socializing, tweeting, and being carefree but I needed a week where I fought against all my natural tendencies. Things like : saying yes to everything and everyone, sleeping through my alarm, feeling the pressure before a deadline that I’ve put on the back burner, and just taking a passive approach to life. I had Monday and Tuesdays posts scheduled from Sunday so I’ll be taking a 5 day break from blogging. I’ll be back on Monday the 25th :)
P.S How amazing is that photo? I wish I was taking my ANTI-WEEK there.
All pieces found on Circa Modern‘s site. I love their bio:
I love this stuff, as much, if not more than anyone. I travel and seek out quality pieces that I feel will make fantastic additions to your home, office or studio. I am passionate at what I do and I love doing it. Each piece is carefully restored to it’s original condition in my studio. I hope you enjoy these pieces as much as I do.
If you’re in the Chicago area…you should check it out!
I like the above statement. Sometimes you just have to go slowly…without stopping.
Things I’ve been loving lately:
2. This restaurant and branding.
3. The Coveteur
4. This blog.
5. This home.
The last week has included a lovely dinner date with my husband (LOBSTER!), saying goodbye to a pal, fondue at our friends’, new reads, locking myself out of our apartment, lots of walks with Desh, and working!