What a bad blogger I’ve been this week! Desh and I are here to explain ourselves a bit. (No, blogging has nothing to do with him…but he looked so cute that I had to take this picture with him before bed!)
Anyways, I’ve been a bit busy. Isn’t everyone? I know. Some things I can’t really share yet (yes, I’m pulling THAT card…I hate when bloggers say that crap). BUT some things I can share. Here are a few things I’ve been up to (and don’t worry-some of the things will formulate into their own blog posts later):
- My day job! I currently work at the Department of Natural Resources for the State of Ohio and it’s Ohio State Fair season! What does this mean? Well it means that I’ve been creating signage for our Natural Resources Park and helping with the mulching, planting, weeding, and etc. Did I mention it’s the hottest week of the year here in Columbus? SWEATASTIC.
- My freelance business! I’ve been working on lots of fun projects (all of which are mostly still in the works) and I’ll share the finished products soon. Some of my current clients include: a talented musician, a lawyer, two event planners, a salon, and many more in the works.
- MY HUSBAND! Yeah…he’s pretty much #1. Speaking of, we’re trying to plan an extended weekend trip in September. NYC, Chicago or Nashville?
- Writing an article for xheight (which will be posted on Monday so keep a look out!)
- Coming up with fun challenges with Janine so that I can launch my fun “Challenge Series” soon! Side note: I need a fun name to call the series. It needs to be flexible enough to incapsulate challenges that range from 7-30 days. Ideas?
- Oh and of course, spending time with friends and family. It’s essential.
SO. I hope you can forgive me while I write, design, and schedule up some future Show + Tell posts for next week. In the meantime, follow me on Twitter
. I like sharing fun links and photos throughout the day!
With it being so hot, all I can think about is the pool.
No Monday Link Love today–we had a weekend at the lakehouse and I’m exhausted. How was yours?
I attended my first Doo DahParade this year on the 4th. It was fabulous.
I love these prints for sale over in Katie Scott’s shop. More of her work here.
As you may have noticed, I’ve added a few “Featured Post” tabs over on my sidebar (one of them being a 30 Day Challenge tab)! I’m going to (possibly) change it to something more generic so it will allow me to take on shorter challenges. You might be wondering, “What types of challenges are you talking about? Are you going to try to survive in the desert? Are you going to try and dye your hair different colors?” Um, maybe. But a few ideas that have been floating around in my head are pretty fun and I think some of you would enjoy them as well! Just a little FYI, August will be a photo challenge month so if you’re interested, I’ll be posting the challenge set by mid-July! Please comment below if you have any other challenge ideas!
Some shots from my second Canon A-1 roll (Fuji pro400h). A lot of the shots were a bit blown out which was kind of a bummer. I’m currently shooting Kodak Portra 400NC so we’ll see how that turns out next weekend. If you want to connect on Flickr, add me as a contact!
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a Monday Link Love so I bet you’re peeing your pants right now. I realized that I’ve tweeting a lot of the fun things I find on the internet throughout the week and then have nothing to share come Monday. I’ve decided to set aside 3-5 links that I REALLY want to share to keep your Monday blog browsing quick and sweet. Enjoy.
The heavy oversized purse? Love it. But it hurts my shoulders. Small, cute clutch? Love it. But it’s annoying to hold and I drop it all the time. So, backpack. I need one. Which one should I get?
Found here, here, here and here.