I stumbled across this book/project awhile ago and it’s been in the back of my mind ever since. I tweeted about wanting to write letters to those I care about during the month of September. Obviously, I’ll be a bit busy with The 30 Day Photo Challenge (WHICH STARTS TOMORROW!) but I’m thinking that it may work in October. I could even document it in some sort of fun way. Hmmmm. So many ideas! Plus, I have so much awesome stationery + I’m always looking for an excuse to buy more.
PS: Feel free to start uploading your photo for DAY 1 (a photo of yourself) at any time. Submissions are cut off at 9am the day OF. I suggest starting the challenge today if you want people to see your photos/progress as the month goes on. I’M EXCITED!
We spent a fabulous weekend in Indianapolis with The Cooks (Megan and Josh). I capitalize “The Cooks” because they’re kind of a big deal. When they’re not working on their amazing house, designing at their jobs, playing with their adorable pups, or involved in AIGA…they’re blogging over here! We spent the weekend talking, laughing, watching our hilarious dogs play, and roasting marshmallows.
Thank you Cooks for a lovely weekend and I can’t wait to see you again!
This Monday Link Love is photo themed (of course).
- This photo really strikes me. Below is written: “This photograph is my proof there was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen. She did love me. Look, see for yourself!”
- WHALES ARE SO HUGE. I love this photo.
- My #30dayphoto challenge starts this Thursday!! My biggest tip right now? Start taking photos August 31st so you have time to upload and post by 9am on Thursday.
My little paper shop is now online! Click here to take a peek and maybe make a purchase? I hope to be adding to this store regularly with prints and stationery so bookmark it! There’s also a badge over on my sidebar too.
I decided to re-launch my store through Big Cartel. It’s easier to use, they don’t take my money per listing, and it’s pretty. (FYI I have nothing against Etsy and still love it with all my heart).
Fab.com. My new favorite thing. Fab.com features daily design inspiration and sales at up to 70% off retail. I snagged that Rifle Paper Co. print (for my kitchen!) and three Field Notes notebooks for $19! Best part? I got 10 of my friend to join Fab.com so I had $30 worth of credit. Aka…I didn’t pay anything! (Okay I paid shipping, but who cares.)
SO, if you want a Fab.com invite, comment below with your email address and I’ll send one over!
You guys! ONE WEEK until the 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off. I’m beyond excited. If you haven’t seen the list of photo challenges, click here (also displayed below this post). For those that will be sharing their photos here on my blog, below are the guidelines:
- Please upload them through my blog. See the handy dandy uploader icon over on the right?
- Make sure they are in JPG format, 600 px wide
- Feel free to edit as you like
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- No pressure to submit your photo every day. Perhaps just your favorites.
- Please save the photo under the following format: FIRSTNAME_DAY#.jpg (ie: ALLIE_DAY1.jpg)
- Submit them by 9am EST the morning of!
- If you’re tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #30dayphoto so we can all see!
- Can I use my cell phone to take photos? Yes of course! I ain’t no camera snob.
- Since we have to upload them by 9am EST the morning of, that doesn’t really give me any time to take the photo. This is very true. The only suggestion that I have is to START the challenge on August 31st. So, the first challenge is to take a photo of yourself. Do that on August 31st and upload it to my blog by 9am EST on September 1st. Don’t worry, you’re still taking the challenge even if you have to start a day earlier.
- If I don’t upload them to your blog or have a blog of my own, where should I post them? HERE! I’ve created an open Flickr group so if you want to join and upload, feel free! I will be posting my photos there too.
- Will there be prizes for the best photo? No, we’re all winners. But for future challenges, this would be fun!
Random blog title, eh? Oh well, maybe it got your attention. This post is about YOU, readers. I recently asked on Twitter, “What do you want me to blog about??” I got a lot of response but I thought I should ask the same question here on my actual blog. Above are two examples of what inspires me when I’m reading through my Google Reader. The top image (from Decade) is an absolutely lovely way to display detail. The bottom image (from Oh Joy!) is a great way to feature guest spotlights.
So let me know! What do you want to see on this blog? What kind of posts have you enjoyed in the past? I have a lot of ideas myself but as my readership grows…I want to grow with you!
Just an FYI, coming up this week (in no particular order):
- 30 Day Photo Challenge official guidelines and a handy dandy uploader here on my blog!
- Etsy shop update with new prints
- Daily Occurrences
Hello all! Hope your weekends were nice and relaxing. I’ve had LOTS of new visitors to the blog lately (particularly because of my 30 Day Drawing Challenge from earlier this year). I hope all you lovelies decide to keep reading! Three things I want to share with you today on Monday Link Love: