It was a relaxing weekend here in Columbus. I walked around our apartment and took a few random shots. My makeup being left out on the sink, Desh’s toys (intact and destroyed) covering our rug, my two film cameras sitting in the bag, homemade huevos rancheros (OMG YUM), and our bed…that we probably make once a month. [all photos shot on my Canon DSLR]
A wonderful weekend afternoon with Janine. Thrifting + taco truck!
What are you favorite things to do on a weekend afternoon?
Cy Twombly, an American artist, passed away at the beginning of last month. The news saddened me and memories flooded back to when I first discovered this magical painter that (for the first time in my life) seemed to create pieces that connected so well to my heart. To many that may seem silly but there are artists out there that changed my view of composition and technique. So for that, I thank you Cy.
On Sunday we spent part of our day at the Ohio State Fair and watched the Ohio Roller Girls. My talented and amazing friend Candace is a roller girl and we cheered her on alongside her daughter (how cute is she!?) and husband.
All photos taken on my Pentax K1000. Check out more of my photos on Flickr.
Happy August! A round up of three of my favorite things on The Internets lately.
- DesignLoveFest’s STYLE series. Absolutely love it.
- Herb and Dorothy, a documentary on Netflix Instant. It’s about a couple to lived off one of their salaries and devoted the other salary towards collecting modern art.
- Photographer Jonathan Canlas. His work and movement, “Film Is Not Dead,” is amazing. Ashley sent me the link to his site and I adore his work and efforts.
I’ve decided that the 30 Day Photo Challenge will take place in September! Since I’ll be shooting film, I’m going to start tomorrow (August 1st), finish by August 30th, and post starting September 1st. For those that want to shoot in real time/digital, you have a month to start brainstorming! If you want to post your shots here, I’ll have you upload them here through my blog (fancy, huh?). Below are the guidelines if you DO want to share your photos on my blog:
- Make sure they are JPG format, 600 px wide
- Feel free to edit as you like
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- No pressure to submit your photo every day. Perhaps just your favorites.
- Send them by 9am EST the morning of!
The other day, I bought the Lomography.com Groupon ($20 for $50 worth of product). I began browsing and decided that I’ll be purchasing the La Sardina! I’m so excited and even found a couple photos on Flickr taken with the camera. A little more info found on lomography.com:
These 35mm cameras are equipped with spectacular wide-angle lens, multiple exposure capabilities, and a rewind dial—everything you need for fun-filled and thrill-soaked escapades.