You guys! ONE WEEK until the 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off. I’m beyond excited. If you haven’t seen the list of photo challenges, click here (also displayed below this post). For those that will be sharing their photos here on my blog, below are the guidelines:
- Please upload them through my blog. See the handy dandy uploader icon over on the right?
- Make sure they are in JPG format, 600 px wide
- Feel free to edit as you like
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- No pressure to submit your photo every day. Perhaps just your favorites.
- Please save the photo under the following format: FIRSTNAME_DAY#.jpg (ie: ALLIE_DAY1.jpg)
- Submit them by 9am EST the morning of!
- If you’re tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #30dayphoto so we can all see!
A few of you have also asked questions and I’m answering them below:
- Can I use my cell phone to take photos? Yes of course! I ain’t no camera snob.
- Since we have to upload them by 9am EST the morning of, that doesn’t really give me any time to take the photo. This is very true. The only suggestion that I have is to START the challenge on August 31st. So, the first challenge is to take a photo of yourself. Do that on August 31st and upload it to my blog by 9am EST on September 1st. Don’t worry, you’re still taking the challenge even if you have to start a day earlier.
- If I don’t upload them to your blog or have a blog of my own, where should I post them? HERE! I’ve created an open Flickr group so if you want to join and upload, feel free! I will be posting my photos there too.
- Will there be prizes for the best photo? No, we’re all winners. But for future challenges, this would be fun!
Well, that’s probably the most I’ve ever written in a blog post! I’ll shush now and let you all get to work. Maybe even utilize this weekend to get a head start? The key here is to be using your cameras every day so don’t let the structure of the month freak you out (says the type-A personality).
PS: If you’re NOT interested in participating in this challenge, check out my 30 Day Drawing Challenge
that I participated in earlier this year. Maybe something like that suites you better!
Wow. I absolutely adore Ana Cabaleiro’s photography. She shoots in film and you can see her body of work here. It’s so inspiring now that the 30 Day Photo Challenge is basically a week away! Check back tomorrow for the official guidelines + the nifty uploader for you all to submit!
Random blog title, eh? Oh well, maybe it got your attention. This post is about YOU, readers. I recently asked on Twitter, “What do you want me to blog about??” I got a lot of response but I thought I should ask the same question here on my actual blog. Above are two examples of what inspires me when I’m reading through my Google Reader. The top image (from Decade) is an absolutely lovely way to display detail. The bottom image (from Oh Joy!) is a great way to feature guest spotlights.
So let me know! What do you want to see on this blog? What kind of posts have you enjoyed in the past? I have a lot of ideas myself but as my readership grows…I want to grow with you!
Just an FYI, coming up this week (in no particular order):
- 30 Day Photo Challenge official guidelines and a handy dandy uploader here on my blog!
- Etsy shop update with new prints
- Daily Occurrences
Little details that have caught my eye recently.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hello all! Hope your weekends were nice and relaxing. I’ve had LOTS of new visitors to the blog lately (particularly because of my 30 Day Drawing Challenge from earlier this year). I hope all you lovelies decide to keep reading! Three things I want to share with you today on Monday Link Love:
- An adorable and lovely way to share some exciting news. I love Jared Hogan‘s work.
- 11 days until my 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off! Get your cameras ready or your film developed soon!
- Read some of my thoughts over at xheight today and leave a comment! I love hearing what others think.
I created this graphic awhile ago to describe exactly how awesome my husband is. I really do believe he would get me the moon…if I was into that kind of thing. After I posted it, Blaine asked if he could get it formatted for a print. I stumbled across it again and realized it would be fun to let my readers download the PDF for free! It’s a 10 x 10 inch PDF that you can print yourself or maybe format it for your computer background. Enjoy!
Click here to download the PDF.
And yes, that is my great-grandmother. Timeless, right?
Hello my dears. Lots of exciting things have been happening in my design life and I’m excited to start sharing projects with you again. I feel like I haven’t posted anything that I’ve created since my site re-design! Anyways, lots of work during the week but I’ve left my weekends for fun. [ie a rooftop pool, delicious drinks, and playing with my cameras].
Speaking of cameras, the 30 Day Photo Challenge has been proving to be quite the challenge (go figure). Since I’m shooting film, I’ve challenged myself to shoot in August and post in September. It’s hard to stay motivated when I don’t feel the pressure of posting immediately and since I have no idea what these shots look like. I’ll probably develop the 3 rolls (Canon A-1, Pentax K1000, La Sardina) on the 30th so if some don’t turn out…I may shoot digital for that day. Anyways, for those shooting film…how is it going for you?
My girl crush #5 is on Mila Kunis. Whether she’s Jackie on That 70’s Show, Meg on Family Guy, or acting in some other movie, she always has the right amount of sass and style.
Interested in reading about my other girl crushes? Read up on Natalie, Nicki, Cate, and Kate.
This week’s Monday Link Love is food focused. I’m well aware that our summers here in Ohio last HALF the time our winters stick around, so in a way I’m trying* to soak up all the hot, sunny weekends while they last. (* I say trying because I freaking LOVE autumn!)