Hello, Week 2! You make me feel comfy & cozy. 20 photos total, all fabulous. I struggled with this one a bit. Perhaps it was my crazy freelance schedule, the lack of daylight, or wishing I had a cute kid to photograph. Obviously I love my little dog but I really love the shots this week with human subjects. My favorites are: Dabito’s, Sam’s and Kate’s. What about yours?
Next week’s theme is ELEGANT and is due Sunday by 8pm EST. Even if you haven’t submitted for weeks 1 and 2, you can still submit for week 3 here! Just another reminder, be sure to include the camera/lens info, your location, and your website EACH week you submit. It takes awhile to compile the post so all the information in one place shaves off a bit of time.
Last month a few Twitter friends suggested that I try Birchbox! With Birchbox, four to five hand-picked deluxe beauty samples are delivered to your door for $10 per month. Mine arrived last Saturday and I’m excited to share what was inside!
My thoughts on the products:
- Jouer | Lip Enhancer – Very moisturizing. I can see myself using this before I go to bed since I use tinted chapstick during the day. A .33 fl oz tube costs $14 so I’m going to need to fall in love with it if I’m going to pay that much!
- Kate Spade New York | Twirl – I really love this scent! Even Adam loved it and so I believe I’ll be buying a bottle! Or adding it to my Christmas wishlist. I haven’t been wearing perfume for awhile.
- Thymes | Eucalyptus Body Lotion – A very clean scent. I will probably stick this in my purse and use it until it’s gone! Not sure if I would buy a bottle since I use Burt’s Bees Honey + Milk body lotion.
- Zoya | Nail Polis in Noel – What a fun shade for the winter months! Can’t wait to use it after my current polish starts to chip.
- Alex and Isabelle | Classic Hair Tie – Seems like a fun piece to use instead of my boring, CVS brand hair ties.
Three of my favorite things on the Interwebs lately. I stopped numbering the items since…I mean c’mon…it’s pretty obvious.
- I love this planner! I’m obsessed with planners. I currently use a Little Otsu planner but this one might be great for all-things-freelance. Adam and I keep a joint calendar on iCal and I use the Little Otsu planner to keep track of all my own little reminders/workout schedule/meal ideas.
- Fellow Fellow is such a lovely store! I adore the feather gift tags. My friend Heather has inspired me to take on my holiday gift wrapping as an art.
- Eames: The Architect and the Painter comes out this month. I’m so excited to watch it!
Like my new wallpaper? Yeah, me too. You can get your own here thanks to Arno. Happy Friday. Next week I promise I’ll have lots of lovely things on the blog including Monday Link Love, Week #2 November Photo Challenge Submissions, my Birchbox review, some interesting updates to my life, and a fun feature.
November Photo Challenge Week 1’s submissions! What do you think? Have any favorites? I love Jon’s and Trudy’s. My shot was much more experimental than how I normally shoot. I tend to shoot film or digital with little editing. I decided to actually brainstorm and envision each week’s shot before the challenge started. It’s a habit that I want to pick up when it comes to writing or design. Did you plan your shot out? Or was it more impulsive/in the moment?
If it was provided, I linked each image to the provided website. Make sure to include a link to your website when submitting each week. I can’t wait to see all your submissions for Week 2! The theme is Comfy & Cozy and your submission is due by 8pm EST this Sunday. Even if you didn’t submit for Week 1, you can still submit for the next three weeks. You just won’t be able to win the prize (to enter into the contest portion, you must submit for all four weeks.) Happy snapping!
I usually spend Sunday creating and scheduling blog posts for the upcoming week. This weekend was CRAZY. I mean, yes, I sat at my desk for the e.n.t.i.r.e. weekend but I probably worked 45 hours combined on projects. Although my right arm felt like it was going to fall off…I’m SO excited to share these projects:
- Betty’s Betties 10th Anniversary Pin Up Calendar. Pin Up photoshoots, Photoshop, InDesign, vintage designs, amazing typography. You’ll want to get your hands on one of these.
- I’m also working with Evan Savage (a musician in Chicago) to launch his new website just in time for his new Christmas single release! Check back tomorrow for ways to get your hands on the song.
- If you’re in the Indianapolis area and are looking for a wedding/event planner…check out Lori Solomon with Boldly Chic Events. I’m making updates to her site now!
- New Christmas music in November.
- A new camera. Actually, the one pictured didn’t work (snagged it for $13 on Etsy) but I went to World of Used Photography (the only store that actually makes me drool) and picked up a Minolta SR-T 201 instead. Shooting with it this weekend when I hang out with Ashley. Can’t wait to see how our shoot turns out!
- Girls Night at my friend Erika‘s! I met Halle there. You should read her blog.
- Scarves and sweaters. So cozy.
- Milo Greene! Saw them open for The Civil Wars last night. AMAZING. Listen to them now.
- And of course, The Civil Wars. Could their voices BE more heavenly?? (Yes that was a Friends reference).
Today I’m guest posting over at EatDrinkShopLove while Jewel is on vacation in NYC! I thought I’d share the same post over here too!
Columbus is often overlooked as a fun, exciting city. I’ve lived here for over two years and I absolutely love it. I’m still discovering new places but I thought I’d share my favorites. I’ve planned the perfect afternoon if you ever find yourself visiting Columbus. Often times, people will give you recommendations on where to visit before making a trip to a new city. What they don’t tell you is how much driving you’ll have to do (plus paying for all that parking is never fun!) This city guide will literally allow you to park your car in one of our public parking lots and you’ll be able to walk to and from each stop easily!
Just a little reminder that your first photo for the November Photo Challenge is due by this Sunday at 8pm EST. You can read the original post here to review the guidelines and learn about the prize up for grabs! You also may notice a new button on the sidebar. It will allow you to upload your submission. There is also a button that will take you straight to the original post so you don’t have to keep searching for it! Looking forward to seeing all your “ARRANGED” photographs!