Happy November! A few weeks ago, someone on Twitter asked me for a list of unique online shops to browse before creating her Christmas list. I decided that I’d make a fun wishlist based on some of my favorite shops. Below you’ll find the name of the shop but the link will take you to the displayed product on my board. Enjoy!
- The Curiousity Shop
- Donna Wilson
- Design Within Reach
- Nube Green
- ReForm School
- Jayson Home
I’ll be creating another gift guide like this before the holiday season so keep an eye out and share YOUR favorite unique online shop in the comments section.
Favorite three things on the Internet right now:
- This Fantastic Mr. Fox costume idea is brilliant and adorable. Did you/are you dressing up this year?
- I’ll be a sponsor over at SRSLYLIZ.COM next month. If you aren’t a reader, become one!
- Sannah Kvist’s project titled, “All I Own.” Love it.
Holy design crush. I haven’t seen work that makes me this giddy in a LONG time. Check out A Friend of Mine and all their amazing work.
I took pictures of Adam last weekend. He’s a babe. But I’m biased. (more on Flickr)
Currently on my shelf…waiting to be read.
What’s on your list? Lately I’ve found that sharing book recommendations can either be a really fun conversation or a really awkward one. For example, I ask someone for a book recommendation and they suggest a really lame book. Then I’m left sitting there acting like it’s a great recommendation. Then they ask ME for a recommendation and I give them one knowing that they’ll probably hate it. But they have no idea. And then I wonder if they started reading it and figure that they probably now feel awkward because they don’t want to say they hated it. You know? See, this is why I don’t write a ton on my blog. I ramble.
It seems impossible that it’s almost been a month since I hosted the 30 Day Photo Challenge. But…it’s true. And I’ve had a lot of people asking for the next one. SO HERE YOU GO! This challenge will last a month but we’ll only have FOUR submission dates. Below are the submission dates and themes:
I wanted this challenge to be drastically different than the first. Each week’s theme is a bit more abstract and will let you all interpret it however you’d like. Below are the specific guidelines:
- You will only be submitting 4 photos. One photo per week. This is not a 30 Day Challenge.
- This is a digital/film camera challenge. That means: no photos from your cell phone
- You must shoot within the week prior to the due date. That means starting Sunday, October 30th you can start shooting for Photo #1.
- The photo must be submitted Sunday by 8pm EST.
- Photos will be posted on my blog by the following Wednesday at 9am EST.
- To bring more focus to each photo, you must include the following when submitting: type of camera, type of lens (if applicable), & location. You can include this information in the “Your Message” portion of the submission page.
- Make sure your photo is 700 px wide, .JPG format, & include your website if you want anything linked back to you.
- Starting October 30th, you will find a submission button here on my blog (in the sidebar). You must submit through my blog for your photo to be published.
- If tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #NOPHO
To make it even more fun (and maybe bring in a little motivation), on November 30th, Dabito from Old Brand New
will be choosing his FAVORITE photo from the entire month. I’ll be placing all the submissions in a Flickr set with all the photo information and letting him choose. The winner will be announced here on my blog on Wednesday, December 7th at 10:30am EST. The prize? A Diana+ 35 mm camera from Lomography.com
! To win this prize, you must submit a photo for each week
I’m in the process of finding some fun items for my office at work and I thought it would be fun to create a little wishlist.
- Cheeses is Love print. This isn’t just on my wishlist. I bought this. I LOVE CHEESE!
- LaCie firewire speakers on Amazon
- Allen + Roth light at Lowe’s
- Ripple Ivory Leather Chair at Crate & Barrel
- A trophy from Alice Supply Co. Because who doesn’t want a trophy?
- Hearthside Slippers from L.L.Bean
What’s on your office wishlist?
My weekend was filled with lots of Columbus and I loved it. A portrait session in German Village, a trip to Tigertree, an early dinner at The Jury Room, and a fun photoshoot at Brothers Drake. While not pictured above, we also drank and bought wine at Camelot Cellars, saw a friend’s band perform, and refused to clean our apartment. It was a great weekend. Oh and did I mention that it’s still occurring? Adam and I both took today off and made it a 3-day weekend. Love.
Some of my favorite lady bloggers. All very different, but I love them all the same.
- Sonya just started blogging again (which made my year!) over here. sassfacedblogpunch.
- I won’t lie. The Bachelor/ette are my guilty pleasure shows. But I for real love Ashley’s blog, Say No to Cosmo. Whether she’s hilariously recapping an episode or explaining why Cosmo is so lame…she makes me laugh.
- Mindy Kaling. I love her. Her book comes out November 1st. For now, you can read the hilarity on her blog, The Concerns of Mindy Kaling.
[new print by Kate : lentils and brussel sprouts and bacon : pumpkin tiramisu parfait from Jeni’s : illuminated husband : reading The Ice Queen : passion iced tea lemonade on the last warm day of the season]
All photos taken on my iPhone 4S and probably filtered since I post to Instagram.