We spent a fabulous weekend in Indianapolis with The Cooks (Megan and Josh). I capitalize “The Cooks” because they’re kind of a big deal. When they’re not working on their amazing house, designing at their jobs, playing with their adorable pups, or involved in AIGA…they’re blogging over here! We spent the weekend talking, laughing, watching our hilarious dogs play, and roasting marshmallows.
Thank you Cooks for a lovely weekend and I can’t wait to see you again!
This Monday Link Love is photo themed (of course).
- This photo really strikes me. Below is written: “This photograph is my proof there was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen. She did love me. Look, see for yourself!”
- WHALES ARE SO HUGE. I love this photo.
- My #30dayphoto challenge starts this Thursday!! My biggest tip right now? Start taking photos August 31st so you have time to upload and post by 9am on Thursday.
My little paper shop is now online! Click here to take a peek and maybe make a purchase? I hope to be adding to this store regularly with prints and stationery so bookmark it! There’s also a badge over on my sidebar too.
I decided to re-launch my store through Big Cartel. It’s easier to use, they don’t take my money per listing, and it’s pretty. (FYI I have nothing against Etsy and still love it with all my heart).
Fab.com. My new favorite thing. Fab.com features daily design inspiration and sales at up to 70% off retail. I snagged that Rifle Paper Co. print (for my kitchen!) and three Field Notes notebooks for $19! Best part? I got 10 of my friend to join Fab.com so I had $30 worth of credit. Aka…I didn’t pay anything! (Okay I paid shipping, but who cares.)
SO, if you want a Fab.com invite, comment below with your email address and I’ll send one over!
You guys! ONE WEEK until the 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off. I’m beyond excited. If you haven’t seen the list of photo challenges, click here (also displayed below this post). For those that will be sharing their photos here on my blog, below are the guidelines:
- Please upload them through my blog. See the handy dandy uploader icon over on the right?
- Make sure they are in JPG format, 600 px wide
- Feel free to edit as you like
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- No pressure to submit your photo every day. Perhaps just your favorites.
- Please save the photo under the following format: FIRSTNAME_DAY#.jpg (ie: ALLIE_DAY1.jpg)
- Submit them by 9am EST the morning of!
- If you’re tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #30dayphoto so we can all see!
A few of you have also asked questions and I’m answering them below:
- Can I use my cell phone to take photos? Yes of course! I ain’t no camera snob.
- Since we have to upload them by 9am EST the morning of, that doesn’t really give me any time to take the photo. This is very true. The only suggestion that I have is to START the challenge on August 31st. So, the first challenge is to take a photo of yourself. Do that on August 31st and upload it to my blog by 9am EST on September 1st. Don’t worry, you’re still taking the challenge even if you have to start a day earlier.
- If I don’t upload them to your blog or have a blog of my own, where should I post them? HERE! I’ve created an open Flickr group so if you want to join and upload, feel free! I will be posting my photos there too.
- Will there be prizes for the best photo? No, we’re all winners. But for future challenges, this would be fun!
Well, that’s probably the most I’ve ever written in a blog post! I’ll shush now and let you all get to work. Maybe even utilize this weekend to get a head start? The key here is to be using your cameras every day so don’t let the structure of the month freak you out (says the type-A personality).
PS: If you’re NOT interested in participating in this challenge, check out my 30 Day Drawing Challenge
that I participated in earlier this year. Maybe something like that suites you better!
Wow. I absolutely adore Ana Cabaleiro’s photography. She shoots in film and you can see her body of work here. It’s so inspiring now that the 30 Day Photo Challenge is basically a week away! Check back tomorrow for the official guidelines + the nifty uploader for you all to submit!
Random blog title, eh? Oh well, maybe it got your attention. This post is about YOU, readers. I recently asked on Twitter, “What do you want me to blog about??” I got a lot of response but I thought I should ask the same question here on my actual blog. Above are two examples of what inspires me when I’m reading through my Google Reader. The top image (from Decade) is an absolutely lovely way to display detail. The bottom image (from Oh Joy!) is a great way to feature guest spotlights.
So let me know! What do you want to see on this blog? What kind of posts have you enjoyed in the past? I have a lot of ideas myself but as my readership grows…I want to grow with you!
Just an FYI, coming up this week (in no particular order):
- 30 Day Photo Challenge official guidelines and a handy dandy uploader here on my blog!
- Etsy shop update with new prints
- Daily Occurrences
Little details that have caught my eye recently.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hello all! Hope your weekends were nice and relaxing. I’ve had LOTS of new visitors to the blog lately (particularly because of my 30 Day Drawing Challenge from earlier this year). I hope all you lovelies decide to keep reading! Three things I want to share with you today on Monday Link Love:
- An adorable and lovely way to share some exciting news. I love Jared Hogan‘s work.
- 11 days until my 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off! Get your cameras ready or your film developed soon!
- Read some of my thoughts over at xheight today and leave a comment! I love hearing what others think.
I created this graphic awhile ago to describe exactly how awesome my husband is. I really do believe he would get me the moon…if I was into that kind of thing. After I posted it, Blaine asked if he could get it formatted for a print. I stumbled across it again and realized it would be fun to let my readers download the PDF for free! It’s a 10 x 10 inch PDF that you can print yourself or maybe format it for your computer background. Enjoy!
Click here to download the PDF.