Favorite three things on the Internet right now:
Holy design crush. I haven’t seen work that makes me this giddy in a LONG time. Check out A Friend of Mine and all their amazing work.
I took pictures of Adam last weekend. He’s a babe. But I’m biased. (more on Flickr)
Currently on my shelf…waiting to be read.
- The Naked and the Dead
- The Fates Will Find Their Way
- American Rose
- White Teeth
- The Secret Lives of People in Love
It seems impossible that it’s almost been a month since I hosted the 30 Day Photo Challenge. But…it’s true. And I’ve had a lot of people asking for the next one. SO HERE YOU GO! This challenge will last a month but we’ll only have FOUR submission dates. Below are the submission dates and themes:
I wanted this challenge to be drastically different than the first. Each week’s theme is a bit more abstract and will let you all interpret it however you’d like. Below are the specific guidelines:
- You will only be submitting 4 photos. One photo per week. This is not a 30 Day Challenge.
- This is a digital/film camera challenge. That means: no photos from your cell phone
- You must shoot within the week prior to the due date. That means starting Sunday, October 30th you can start shooting for Photo #1.
- The photo must be submitted Sunday by 8pm EST.
- Photos will be posted on my blog by the following Wednesday at 9am EST.
- To bring more focus to each photo, you must include the following when submitting: type of camera, type of lens (if applicable), & location. You can include this information in the “Your Message” portion of the submission page.
- Make sure your photo is 700 px wide, .JPG format, & include your website if you want anything linked back to you.
- Starting October 30th, you will find a submission button here on my blog (in the sidebar). You must submit through my blog for your photo to be published.
- If tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #NOPHO
I’m in the process of finding some fun items for my office at work and I thought it would be fun to create a little wishlist.
- Cheeses is Love print. This isn’t just on my wishlist. I bought this. I LOVE CHEESE!
- LaCie firewire speakers on Amazon
- Allen + Roth light at Lowe’s
- Ripple Ivory Leather Chair at Crate & Barrel
- A trophy from Alice Supply Co. Because who doesn’t want a trophy?
- Hearthside Slippers from L.L.Bean
My weekend was filled with lots of Columbus and I loved it. A portrait session in German Village, a trip to Tigertree, an early dinner at The Jury Room, and a fun photoshoot at Brothers Drake. While not pictured above, we also drank and bought wine at Camelot Cellars, saw a friend’s band perform, and refused to clean our apartment. It was a great weekend. Oh and did I mention that it’s still occurring? Adam and I both took today off and made it a 3-day weekend. Love.