I’m excited to announce my next photo challenge! This photo challenge will be an exclusive camera phone challenge. Lately, I’ve been extremely inspired by Instagram and everyone’s photos. Obviously, cameras on cell phones aren’t what they used to be and I’m excited to see the results of this challenge. As you can see above, I’ve chosen your judge and your prize! Your judge, Heather Lea Zweig, is a twenty-something aspiring photographer living in the foggier half of California. I swoon over her blog daily and I can’t get enough of her work. Heather participated in my last challenge and so I’m excited that she is involved in the #phonephoto challenge as well. Whoever is chosen as the winner will receive the 8×10 inch print above. It’s one of my favorite on Society6 and I’m excited to share it.
NOW ON TO THE DETAILS! This challenge will take place during the majority of February. You technically can begin taking photos on Monday, January 30th but you won’t submit anything until Sunday, February 5th. Instead of submitting ONE photo like last challenge, you will be submitting FOUR photos each Sunday. The four photos that you submit need to be unified as a set. Each week is defined by a theme but each theme is a certain color. Make sense? Are you a visual person? Okay, below is an example of what I mean. Week 1’s theme is “white.” I chose four photos from my iPhone that represented “white.” Obviously those photos aren’t LITERALLY white but I want to see you all take creative liberty and use the color themes to really think outside the norm. Perhaps in Week 2 when the theme is “red,” your four photos will only have elements of red that really pop out.
Got it? Awesome. Below is the schedule. Each week is defined by Monday through Friday. At the end of the week, you have a day or two to submit your four photos to me.
Wow, as I’m typing this all out…I feel like I just wrote a mini novel. I hope it all makes sense. To end this post, I’ll write the technical requirements for each photo and submission. I’ll probably write a reminder post next week before it officially starts. I’ll also be posting the submission button on my sidebar once the photo challenge begins. The button will take you to a page where you can upload & submit your photos as a .zip file. It will also list all of the technical requirements and the photo challenge schedule.
- Send your four photos in a .zip file. Crop them each as squares. If you do not, I will make the crop.
- Make sure your photos are at least 350 px wide, .JPG format, & include your website in the comment section if you want anything linked back to you.
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- Please save the photos under the following format: FIRSTNAME_PHOTO#.jpg (ie: ALLIE_PHOTO1.jpg, ALLIE_PHOTO2.jpg…etc)
- If you want your set arranged a certain way, name your photos according to the corners. Upper left should be named with #1. Upper right should be named with a #2. Lower left should be named with a #3. Lower right should be named with a #4.
- This is a camera phone challenge. That means: no DSLR or film photos.
- You must shoot within the week prior to the due date. That means starting Monday, January 30th you can start shooting for Week #1 (White).
- The photo must be submitted Sunday by 8pm EST.
If you have a question, leave a comment below! I will respond. Pshhh, and you thought a camera phone challenge would be easy. I’m excited!