I hope the following resources and tips will help you. Feel free to reach out at any time below in the comment section or via my contact form!
Snippet of code to display images in your sidebar:
<img src=”http://imagelink.com” />
Best WordPress Plugins (search any of these in your plugin area in WordPress to install):
- Akismet: No more spam comments!!
- Category Grid View: Allows you to publish an entire category in a grid/photo layout. Check out mine here.
- Contact Form 7: I use this for all contact forms. Easy to use with a shortcode.
- Custom About Author: Allows your guest posters to have a bio at the bottom of the post without them logging in
- Easy Recipe: Embed an easy “printable” recipe in your post!
- Google Analyticator: Easy way to track stats
- nRelate: Add thumbnails under your post so your readers can see related posts
- Subscribe to Comments Reloaded: Lets your readers get notified when a follow-up comment is made
- Tweet/Share buttons: Lets your readers share your posts via their favorite social media platform
- Tweet Old Post: Auto tweets old posts as often as you’d like
- Visual Editor: Allows you to use MANY shortcodes to create awesome layouts
- Analytics360: Pulls Google Analytics/MailChimp stats into your Dashboard
Free font resources:
- The League of Moveable Type
- My Fonts
- Font Fabric
- Lost Type Co-Op
- Web Design Ledger
- Miss Design
- Free* Typography
- Behance Network
Free (or affordable) Text & Editing Software:
Other Free Resources:
- Pugly Pixel
- Free Vector Graphics
- Subtle Patterns
- Content Creation Ideas (for your blog)
- Here We Go (my own blogging tip series)
- A Pair of Pears free to-do list
- Cupcake Ipsum