Relish: Blue Cheese and Portobello Penne
Author: Jon Schelander-Pugh
Recipe type: Main
- 4 servings penne
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, heaped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Cook your penne, drain, and set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Finely chop the shallot and garlic, and slice your portobello mushroom cap.
- In a pan, heat your oil or butter over medium-low and add the shallot, garlic, and mushroom. Saute for a few minutes until softened.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the sour cream, blue cheese, Parmesan cheese, and milk, stirring constantly until mixed.
- Add the ground mustard, paprika, sea salt, and parsley, continuing to stir until mixed.
- Pour the blue cheese sauce in with your penne and stir to combine.
- Plate the pasta and enjoy.
Recipe by Be Up & Doing at http://blog.allisonlehman.com/2013/03/relish-blue-cheese-and-portobello-penne/