I’m in the process of finding some fun items for my office at work and I thought it would be fun to create a little wishlist.
- Cheeses is Love print. This isn’t just on my wishlist. I bought this. I LOVE CHEESE!
- LaCie firewire speakers on Amazon
- Allen + Roth light at Lowe’s
- Ripple Ivory Leather Chair at Crate & Barrel
- A trophy from Alice Supply Co. Because who doesn’t want a trophy?
- Hearthside Slippers from L.L.Bean
My weekend was filled with lots of Columbus and I loved it. A portrait session in German Village, a trip to Tigertree, an early dinner at The Jury Room, and a fun photoshoot at Brothers Drake. While not pictured above, we also drank and bought wine at Camelot Cellars, saw a friend’s band perform, and refused to clean our apartment. It was a great weekend. Oh and did I mention that it’s still occurring? Adam and I both took today off and made it a 3-day weekend. Love.
Some of my favorite lady bloggers. All very different, but I love them all the same.
- Sonya just started blogging again (which made my year!) over here. sassfacedblogpunch.
- I won’t lie. The Bachelor/ette are my guilty pleasure shows. But I for real love Ashley’s blog, Say No to Cosmo. Whether she’s hilariously recapping an episode or explaining why Cosmo is so lame…she makes me laugh.
- Mindy Kaling. I love her. Her book comes out November 1st. For now, you can read the hilarity on her blog, The Concerns of Mindy Kaling.
Don’t worry, this won’t be one of those “I-KNOW-EVERYTHING-SO-YOU-SHOULD-LISTEN-TO-ME-POSTS.” I created this post to spark conversation and then hopefully it will help you decide: Rdio or Spotify? For those that don’t know, they are both a streaming music service available on computers and mobile devices.
I’ve broken down my thoughts into a list. I’ve addressed 4 issues that I find important and then listed my “winner” and how the other platform handles it. Like I stated before, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- Price [Rdio]: The obvious choice should be Spotify (since you can listen to anything you want for free if you download their desktop app, WITH annoying commercials). Although- I read that their new TOS said that after 6 months, you’ll be reduced to 10hrs/month of listening before you need to upgrade. I choose Rdio for this one. Rdio offers a few options when it comes to choosing your monthly plan and allows anyone to sign up for free for a 7-day trial. Essentially, the reason I chose Rdio is because it offers an unlimited family plan so instead of interrupting Adam’s streaming anytime I log into his account, I can have my own and we can pay $17.99 instead of $9.99 separately. Obviously, if you aren’t paying for two people…you could also choose from multiple plans on either platform that would be cheaper than $9.99/mo.
- Music Selection [Spotify]: When it comes to the library of music, Spotify takes this one. Spotify has about 15 millions songs (Rdio has about 10 million) and allows you to sync all your existing music through iTunes. Rdio also does this but streams the music that you already own even if you have a better version on your computer.
- Mobile App [Rdio]: When it comes to accessing either on my iPhone, Rdio wins hands down. It’s SO easy to navigate and their iPad app is even better. I love using Rdio on my iPad while I’m cooking. I felt that the Spotify iPhone app was less intuitive and I just don’t prefer it.
- Desktop Listening [Rdio]: When it comes to listening to music on my computer, I choose Rdio. Rdio doesn’t make me download a desktop app and allows me to listen through my browser. At work, I’m not allowed to download apps and so that’s a bummer.
- Rdio can connect with a Roku (which we own) while Spotify cannot.
- Spotify links to your Last.fm account
- Spotify allows you to create an advanced search (perhaps you want to view all versions of one song)
- Rdio allows you to sign up with your email address & doesn’t make you sign up through Facebook like Spotify does
- Creating playlists is easier in Spotify (dragging like iTunes) vs a drop down option next to each song on Rdio
- You can listen to user-selected songs while offline through both Rdio and Spotify
Yes? Okay good.
Image found here. Not sure the photographer since Tumblr SUCKS at linking to anything original.
My triple round up for this week includes:
- I am so excited for She & Him’s Christmas album. A Very She & Him Christmas comes out October 24. I will be playing Christmas music, then, for over two months.
- Kate shares her recipe for rosemary gin lemonade slushes. May summer live on forever.
- The Mixed Race Project is so incredibly interesting to read through. Not to mention, great photography.
I eat local. I shop local. I even design local. I love all my clients (whether they live near or far) but working with those that are local feels like you’re just helping a neighbor. I’ve been able to work with Andrea from Food Embrace, Megan from The Bibliophiles & Beverages Society, Mark from The Stansbury Law Firm LLC, Rachel from Hounds in the Kitchen, and Missy from Yellow Duck Cookies. All are passionate, talented and kind people living in Columbus, Ohio. I think it’s so important to support the community in which you want to live and establish your life.