Today’s challenge: take a photo of what you wore! I loved seeing how each photo varied in style and composition. I had 25 submissions (besides mine) and I challenge anyone to jump on the band wagon at any time!
After Day 1 submissions, a lot of you were interested in who the other 24 pretty faces were! So here you go! Each photo is numbered and below, you can visit each number and get to know who the photographer is! I didn’t include names in case some wanted to stay under the radar (the first photo will always be mine). Leave a comment if you want your link included because I probably just didn’t have it. Also let me know if there are any typos.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26
Tomorrow’s challenge: your favorite place. If you do submit through my uploader, include a blog/site that I can link to (just include it in the message area). I will keep your websites saved so you only need to do this ONE TIME and if I’ve already linked to you in this post, don’t worry about doing this.
Submissions run until tomorrow at 9am!
I’m seriously blown away at the talent + beauty of these photos! I had 25 submissions and I adore each one. Some of you included funny comments and information about your photos. I would LOVE for you to share things like that so if you want, you can join this Flickr group and upload your photo + description. Totally up to you! I’ll also be creating a Facebook album through my fan page with submissions so feel free to like my page and share the album with friends. It should be up later tonight.
Tomorrow’s photo challenge: what you wore! Upload them by 9am EST on September 2nd.
I always get a little sad when August comes to an end. In the Midwest, that means autumn is on its way (which is great) but autumn never stays long enough. Winter…well…winter overstays its welcome and makes you dream of summer. Rooftop pools, Jeni’s summer flavors, and weekend cookouts are coming to an end and I’m a bit bummed out. What’s your favorite season?
PS: If you want your first 30 Day Photo Challenge photo to be posted here on my blog tomorrow, make sure you submit it by 9am tomorrow morning! Perhaps take the photo today and start the challenge a day early? Then maybe you won’t feel so rushed. I’m so excited!
I stumbled across this book/project awhile ago and it’s been in the back of my mind ever since. I tweeted about wanting to write letters to those I care about during the month of September. Obviously, I’ll be a bit busy with The 30 Day Photo Challenge (WHICH STARTS TOMORROW!) but I’m thinking that it may work in October. I could even document it in some sort of fun way. Hmmmm. So many ideas! Plus, I have so much awesome stationery + I’m always looking for an excuse to buy more.
PS: Feel free to start uploading your photo for DAY 1 (a photo of yourself) at any time. Submissions are cut off at 9am the day OF. I suggest starting the challenge today if you want people to see your photos/progress as the month goes on. I’M EXCITED!
We spent a fabulous weekend in Indianapolis with The Cooks (Megan and Josh). I capitalize “The Cooks” because they’re kind of a big deal. When they’re not working on their amazing house, designing at their jobs, playing with their adorable pups, or involved in AIGA…they’re blogging over here! We spent the weekend talking, laughing, watching our hilarious dogs play, and roasting marshmallows.
Thank you Cooks for a lovely weekend and I can’t wait to see you again!
This Monday Link Love is photo themed (of course).
- This photo really strikes me. Below is written: “This photograph is my proof there was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen. She did love me. Look, see for yourself!”
- WHALES ARE SO HUGE. I love this photo.
- My #30dayphoto challenge starts this Thursday!! My biggest tip right now? Start taking photos August 31st so you have time to upload and post by 9am on Thursday.
My little paper shop is now online! Click here to take a peek and maybe make a purchase? I hope to be adding to this store regularly with prints and stationery so bookmark it! There’s also a badge over on my sidebar too.
I decided to re-launch my store through Big Cartel. It’s easier to use, they don’t take my money per listing, and it’s pretty. (FYI I have nothing against Etsy and still love it with all my heart).
Fab.com. My new favorite thing. Fab.com features daily design inspiration and sales at up to 70% off retail. I snagged that Rifle Paper Co. print (for my kitchen!) and three Field Notes notebooks for $19! Best part? I got 10 of my friend to join Fab.com so I had $30 worth of credit. Aka…I didn’t pay anything! (Okay I paid shipping, but who cares.)
SO, if you want a Fab.com invite, comment below with your email address and I’ll send one over!
You guys! ONE WEEK until the 30 Day Photo Challenge kicks off. I’m beyond excited. If you haven’t seen the list of photo challenges, click here (also displayed below this post). For those that will be sharing their photos here on my blog, below are the guidelines:
- Please upload them through my blog. See the handy dandy uploader icon over on the right?
- Make sure they are in JPG format, 600 px wide
- Feel free to edit as you like
- No nudity or weird crap. Sorry, my mom reads my blog…I think.
- No pressure to submit your photo every day. Perhaps just your favorites.
- Please save the photo under the following format: FIRSTNAME_DAY#.jpg (ie: ALLIE_DAY1.jpg)
- Submit them by 9am EST the morning of!
- If you’re tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #30dayphoto so we can all see!
A few of you have also asked questions and I’m answering them below:
- Can I use my cell phone to take photos? Yes of course! I ain’t no camera snob.
- Since we have to upload them by 9am EST the morning of, that doesn’t really give me any time to take the photo. This is very true. The only suggestion that I have is to START the challenge on August 31st. So, the first challenge is to take a photo of yourself. Do that on August 31st and upload it to my blog by 9am EST on September 1st. Don’t worry, you’re still taking the challenge even if you have to start a day earlier.
- If I don’t upload them to your blog or have a blog of my own, where should I post them? HERE! I’ve created an open Flickr group so if you want to join and upload, feel free! I will be posting my photos there too.
- Will there be prizes for the best photo? No, we’re all winners. But for future challenges, this would be fun!
Well, that’s probably the most I’ve ever written in a blog post! I’ll shush now and let you all get to work. Maybe even utilize this weekend to get a head start? The key here is to be using your cameras every day so don’t let the structure of the month freak you out (says the type-A personality).
PS: If you’re NOT interested in participating in this challenge, check out my 30 Day Drawing Challenge
that I participated in earlier this year. Maybe something like that suites you better!
Wow. I absolutely adore Ana Cabaleiro’s photography. She shoots in film and you can see her body of work here. It’s so inspiring now that the 30 Day Photo Challenge is basically a week away! Check back tomorrow for the official guidelines + the nifty uploader for you all to submit!