Good Goods

Products That I Use Daily

I’ve had this blog since 2009. It’s transformed a lot. From a place where I started sharing my design work to a place where I introduced advertisers (that was the worst)…and I’ve simplified it yet again. I am designing + taking photos every single day and I needed to stretch another muscle: writing and sharing. Knowing me, I’ll transform this place again someday where I share more personal artwork, design and photography. For now, thanks for reading my words!

I used to do a lot of “current favorites” or “good goods” posts back in the day. Since I’m trying to get into the habit of writing, I decided to simplify it with a simple list. Here are some products that I love and use daily:

• Bite Beauty products. I’m allergic to petroleum based ingredients which means when I wear most lip products, it usually swells, becomes extremely chapped and then I develop a rash. So awesome, right? I can wear Bite Beauty lip products. They use a lot of food grade ingredients (including wine). You can’t go wrong. Their new Amuse Bouche line feels, looks and smells amazing. I bought Gingersnap, Fig and Sorbet. Can’t wait to swatch more in Sephora.
  • La Croix. I probably drink 4-5 cans of La Croix everyday. When you can’t have sugar (or fruit, grains, legumes, dairy, alcohol or caffeine), an orange La Croix is like God’s gift to you…personally.
  • Yes To Facial Wipes. I use the cucumber and the grapefruit wipes to take off all my makeup (and then I still use a facial cleanser and lotion). I don’t know how people take their makeup off without a wipe. You amaze me, people.
  • LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers. These slippers keep your feet so warm! It’s insane. I got them for Christmas a few years ago and people always say I look like an Elf. Whatever. A very warm Elf.

Riveting blog post, I know. But sometimes it’s the little things in life that make you smile.

• Reply Amanda

I love Bite lipstick! I also bought their lipstick because of the food-grade ingredients. The colors are amazing, and they feel so luxurious. I need some more!

March 5, 2016 at 9:16 PM

I’m so glad you feel the same way as I do. When I heard they were coming out with a new line of lipsticks (And doing away with the old) I knew it had to be amazing.

March 6, 2016 at 6:24 PM
  • Reply Colette

Haha I totally understand what you mean. Sometimes to get back in the “writing” saddle, you must get back to the basics. List jotting is a very easy way to practice the muscle. I have missed a lot around here, but glad your post posed-up on my bloglovin feed :D

Personally I am not into laCroix water. I guess I just don’t like sparkling water (i know, i know). I stick to tea and water mostly. Why did you go off caffeine?

March 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I’m glad it did too! It’s odd how hard it is to share thoughts + be open after you stop writing for awhile. I realized I should take baby steps.

I know a few people who don’t like La Croix either. I used to hate sparkling water but started to love it when I would drink it with espresso (not flavored).

I went off caffeine because I went on the candida diet after the new year. Candida is a yeast/fungal overgrowth in your gut and caffeine can wear on your adrenal glands (and those glands help you fight the overgrowth). But I actually feel great off caffeine. It’s crazy!

March 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM
  • Reply Jen

Sephora currently has a 100pt Beauty Insider perk of the new Bite lipstick in Radish. Umm, not that I’m trying to enable you or anything. *shifty eyes*

I love makeup wipes for when I’m feeling lazy, or just wearing very minimal powder makeup. When I’m wearing liquid foundation + the works, I like to use The Body Shop’s Camomile cleansing butter. It’s a solid balm type thing, but it melts on your skin and whisks away all makeup instantly. :)

March 6, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Ohhhhh you’ve enabled me. It worked!!!! And now I totally want to check out that cleansing butter. I’m a sucker for anything that has the word “butter” in it HAHA.

March 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM
  • Reply Briana

Allie!! I love that you’re doing posts like this again–I’ve always enjoyed them! It feels like if you’re a designer in the online world, people expect you to write blogs 100% geared towards growing your business or sharing knowledge. I don’t want to do that. It’s actually why I stopped writing/blogging. Now I want to start again.

Have you tried grapefruit La Croix?? It’s my new favorite! I’ve been drinking La Croix much much more as a replacement for wine or whiskey in the evenings. :) Those wipes are also a real treat!! I use a warm wash cloth and jojoba oil to get all the gunk off my face. ;)

Keep writing Allie!!

March 7, 2016 at 9:41 AM

I totally agree – and by the time I’m done working I rarely want to talk about what I did at work! ha! You should definitely start writing again. I’m slowly getting there…

Yes I love grapefruit!! Orange is my all time favorite but grapefruit is #2.

March 13, 2016 at 9:27 PM
  • Reply Amber

Ummmm so I clearly need to try bite, you’re the second person I’ve heard love them. Also I loveeee the Yes To face wipes. I use the Cucumber and Tomato wipes for daily refreshening and removing makeup. I also don’t understand how people take off makeup without a wipe….also I’m convinced they don’t, they all still have makeup on. That’s the only thing that makes sense.

March 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Yes you should! It’s the best lip product in my opinion. Haha your facial wipe theory totally makes sense to me. I’m with you. Because sometimes I’m shocked at how much makeup comes off on those wipes!

March 13, 2016 at 9:28 PM
  • Reply Miranti

Ooh Bite Beauty – I’m intrigued! I’m someone who’s constantly on the lookout for the perfect lip products. Which product would you recommend to start with?

April 6, 2016 at 4:57 AM

Specifically with Bite I would try: Amuse Bouche Lipstick (Fig is a great color that many love…one of my favorites too!) if you love lipstick, their High Pigment Pencil is really creamy and goes on a little smoother and lastly their Lush Lip Tint is more like a pigmented, hydrating lip balm. But I love EVERYTHING from them.

April 10, 2016 at 9:20 PM