Adventure

A New Orleans Trip

O14A3408

New Orleans was the second stop on our Death to Stock road trip. We arrived last Tuesday after a time with family over Memorial Day weekend and headed straight to Satsuma for some healthy food. I had been awake since 5am and when I feel grimy, I want eggs and juice!

We spent the rest of the day catching up emails and then somehow got hungry again. We snagged burgers (it seems to be a tradition when we all travel together) and then finally slept.

O14A3245

O14A3241

On Wednesday, we were able to duck into our Airbnb owner’s boutique right in front of the apartment. It’s called Neon Heart and it’s wonderful. A great assortment of sunglasses (as I’m modeling here) and hats.

O14A3272

O14A3379

On Thursday, we explored more neighborhoods like the French Quarter and daaaaang was it hot. Highlights: Adam enjoyed a beignet and I stopped by Solange’s boutique! Later that night we attended (and sponsored) Ciera‘s Made in Mind Social event! Check out their amazing conference that’s happening this fall!

O14A3560

O14A3707

O14A3739

O14A3844

We spent our last full day in the swamps of Louisiana and closed out the trip with some BBQ!

• Reply Simi @ The Micro Harvest

What a special trip! Also, love seeing my sister’s smile :)

June 4, 2015 at 3:05 PM

She has a great smile :) LIKE YOU!

June 8, 2015 at 12:28 AM
  • Reply Kelly Brito

I’m yet to go there. Hopefully, this Summer…
    The more I see photos of NOLA, the more I see the risk in going there: I may wanna stay for good. :)

June 6, 2015 at 10:57 AM

You should go and let me know what you think!! I don’t think I could live in that humidity though… haha

June 8, 2015 at 12:28 AM
  • Reply Ciera

LOVE it! It was go great to hang out for a bit, looks like y’all got so much in for a short trip! :)

June 10, 2015 at 12:15 AM
  • Reply Babes & Beignets

It was wonderful meeting you and David! Cool to see one of our Babes in your blog :) Looks like you had a wonderful time in our dear NOLA. Love the photos!

June 10, 2015 at 9:21 AM
  • Reply cathy

Thanks for great pics. We are going there as well ! Which Airbnb did you stay?

June 16, 2015 at 6:55 AM
  • Reply nick

Yo, you should have hit us up for good-eat recs! We’re just up the road…Central Grocery’s muffaletta’s are a must, The Bulldog pulls in great booze, District Donuts is sublime, and Muriel’s at Jackson Square’s duck crepes are heavenly. You need to plan a trip back to just eat your way through the city…preferably not in the dead-heat of summer, which, as I’m sure you noticed, gifts everyone a gnarly case of swamp-ass.

June 18, 2015 at 1:40 PM
  • Reply May Made In Mind Social Recap | Ciera Design Studio

[…] to Kristy and Allison for the photos. Interested in sponsoring an event? Find details here. Not in New Orleans but […]

June 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM