The winter cold has finally decided to stay here in Ohio (it’s supposed to snow on Sunday!!!! Hurray!) and if you know me at all, you know I try to celebrate Christmas for as long as humanly possible. I’m starting TODAY. And to celebrate, I’m opening up my 3rd Annual Christmas City Swap to the masses! You can read about the last two years here.
For those who didn’t participate the last two years, here’s the concept:
- If you want to participate – you’ll be required to come up with a gift or card to send to someone else in another city. All the contents of your basket/package must be local products from YOUR city. For example; I might send someone a Luciana tee, a special something from HOMAGE, or a Candle Lab candle with a few trinkets and a Brim Papery card!
- You sign up to participate in the swap by filling out the form below. It will require you to give me your full name, mailing address, email, dietary restrictions and spending budget.
- I will then match up the participants to the best of my ability and email you all with the person that you’ll be gifting! I will do my best to make sure your spending budgets are the same.
- Last year I had about 10 people who never received a gift. I felt really awful about it and will try my best to make sure this doesn’t happen again this year. I will be sending reminder emails but if you aren’t sure you want to participate – then don’t! This year I just might publicly shame anyone who doesn’t send a gift after signing up. Bah humbug. In the end, I can’t control the outcome so I hope that (no matter what happens), you just enjoy the act of giving.
The entire point of this concept is to GIVE (while sharing a bit of our town/city). We all hold so tightly to our stuff and stress about money so much that we forget what it’s like to just do something special for someone else. Don’t feel like you need to give your recipient something “perfect.” Let the gift share a little bit about who YOU are instead. I hope we all make a friend!
Here are a few guidelines, however, to ensure this all works out smoothly:
- You must sign up by Wednesday, November 26th!
- You will receive your gift recipient’s information by Sunday, November 30th. Feel free to start shopping or planning before you get this information!
- Due to the many dietary restrictions these days, please refrain from sending perishable food. Candies or spices are fine.
- You must mail your package by Friday, December 19th AT THE LATEST! The USPS usually gets super jammed so try to send earlier if possible.
- Unfortunately – this swap is really only intended for those located in the US since most of my readers are from here. I didn’t want to burden anyone with the cost of shipping. If you DO live in another country, feel free to sign up and if someone else in your area signs up too – I’ll match you! If there’s not a match, I’ll notify you via email.
- Lastly, if you bail and just flake out – you’re kind of a meanie. Don’t sign up for this if you don’t think you won’t be able to follow through.
Well? What are you waiting for? SIGN UP! AND SPREAD HOLIDAY CHEER!
THIS IS NOW CLOSED AND OVERRRR