Personal

Let’s Get Coffee. I Mean…Wine.

We made it to Friday! Instead of my usual “Let’s Get Coffee” post, I thought I’d switch it up and grab a glass of wine with you! I’ve done this a few times and it’s like a virtual date and I get to know more about you all. Here’s how we do it! You answer any of the following questions in the comment section. Mine are down at the very bottom!

1. What’s your biggest fear?
  2. What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now?
  3. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
  4. If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order?
  5. What’s your middle name?

Here are my answers!

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!

Introvert. Big time. I’m working on a secret introvert project right now so if you want to chat or could answer a few questions, email me!

Usually I order just a black coffee but if I don’t want to sit and sip for awhile I’ll order a double macchiato (but not like Starbucks…like the real thing. Espresso and foam)

My middle name is Rose!

Looking forward to hearing from YOU! Also read the last two in this series here and here

• Reply Kelly Brito

Rose??? Wow…

fear – Not sure. Maybe be in an airplane that disappears (like the Malaysia one). Scary.

song – Everybody (Backstreet Boys). I know…

An extrovert, for as long as I can remember. I can shut up!

coffee shop – I’d order tea. If it was a Starbucks, a double chocolate frappuccino

middle name – Kelly. The first is actually Jacqueline (Jackie)

May 2, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • Reply Kelly Brito

I can’t**** shut up, I mean.

May 2, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Haha Backstreet Boys. Crackin’ up. I love the name Jacqueline. Any reason why you go by Kelly?

May 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM
  • Reply Moriah Sunde

Rose is my daughter’s middle name. Love it!

BIGGEST FEAR: Losing family.

SONG IN MY HEAD: Gregory Porter’s “Painted on Canvases” – it’s my slow-dance song with my baby to get him to fall asleep.

PERSONALITY: Quiet Introvert. I just taught an influence net class on this actually, and just started a series on my blog about being a quiet influence. Lindsey Kubly wrote an ebook about being an introvert, too. We should talk! I’ll email ya. :)

COFFEE SHOP: Usually a chai tea latte, because I feel like no barista could ever mess that up.

MIDDLE NAME: Ann, after my grandmother.

May 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Aw good choice on the middle name! Excited to get an email you re: introvert!!

May 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • Reply Audrey

I am terrified of heights. I mean, deathly, anxiety-attack-inducing, pale-faced, quivering, terrified. I won’t stay in a hotel room higher than the 6th floor if I can help it.

Robyn – “Dancing on my Own”

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? – No clue. I really really crave my alone time to recharge but I’m quite boisterous and loud and never meet a stranger, so… no clue.

My drink order is usually a cinnamon or vanilla latte. Sometimes I find that awesome coffee shop that lets me do cinnamon AND vanilla.

My middle name is Denise, after my mother.

May 2, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I am also extremely scared of heights but I don’t think it plagues me as much because I know that I’ll never be “up high” without choosing to me LOL. I can’t even stand on a short ladder. Also, I think you can be a loud introvert. It’s all about what fuels you! People…or alone time?

May 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • Reply Allie

Biggest fear – heights. I did test myself a little by going zip lining a couple of years ago for my husbands birthday. I did a lot of deep breathing and squeezing my eyes shut!

Song – luckily I don’t have any songs stuck in my head right now.

Introvert/extrovert – I am most definitely an introvert.

If I am at a coffee shop I usually get what ever has carmel, and decaf.

Middle name – Nicole

May 2, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I wouldn’t even be able to think about zip lining! NO WAY! So scared of heights. So impressed with you!

May 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM
  • Reply Valerie

Losing an immediate family member and/or not getting to see my son grow up (I tear up when I think of either possibility

Tree to Grow – The Lone Bellow

I’m kind of both…I need my space/quiet, and I’m not super talkative with strangers (and I have a chronic bitch face, so people don’t approach me much, lol), but when I know someone and am in a comfortable situation, I’m very outgoing/talkative, etc.

Iced black tea, unsweetened/undiluted or an iced coffee with splash of skim. If I want something decadent, and iced caramel macchiato with an extra shot of espresso.

Joy. For some reason I was embarrassed about it when I was young, but now I love it.

May 2, 2014 at 8:39 AM

The Lone Bellow – good stuff. I love iced black tea unsweetened! It’s one of the only things that’s neutral enough for me to drink with food.

May 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • Reply Hollyanne

Biggest fear: heights

Song stuck in my head: Pharrell “Happy.” WILL IT EVER END.

Introvert/extrovert: Definitely introvert. And I’d love to answer some questions! I’ll shoot you an email too.

Drink order: I make regular pourover coffee at home most days, so I usually treat myself to a whole milk cappuccino if I’m getting coffee out.

Middle name: Elizabeth!

May 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM

IT WILL NEVER END. hahaha. Excited to chat via email! Looove pourovers. If Starbucks (which I don’t often go to) doesn’t have drip, they have to do a pourover and I get so excited.

May 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • Reply Carrie @carrieloves

♥ My biggest fear is being in a car accident (I’ve been in enough of them to solidify this fear)
    ♥ Happy by Pharrell Williams
    ♥ I’m a BIG TIME Introvert.
    ♥ I usually get a Chai Latte – hot or cold depending on the day.
    ♥ Middle name: Sue

May 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Lately I’ve been scared about car accidents too. I haven’t always been like that. And I love iced chai lattes! So good.

May 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • Reply Daniela

Love this series!

Biggest fear: That something will happen to my mom and I won’t be able to be there for her (she lives in Texas, I’m in Chicago).

Song stuck in my head: Glory and Gore by Lorde.

Introvert or extrovert?: I think I can have my introverted moments, but I’m definitely an extrovert. It’s just in my nature; I’m a Leo, the first-born, and I’m from a big, loud family. :)

Coffee shop order: A small latte with a couple of raw sugar packets.

Middle name: Yvonne.

May 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I love your middle name! So pretty. I also get scared about something happening to my family and being 6 hours away. I’m thankful that my brother lives down the street!

May 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • Reply Nicole

1. Not growing old with my husband. He has a family of widows, and I don’t plan on becoming one of them.

2. Pulaski at Night, Andrew Bird

3. Introvert, for sure. I didn’t say much as a child. Things have changed, and I’m more talkative now. Although if I had a choice, I would rather be at home with my husband than out with people.

4. Latte, with nutella please!

5. Alexandria

May 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Andrew Bird…love him. I would much rather be with my husband too (even though I’m an introvert). He doesn’t exhaust me BUT i still need my alone time.

May 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
  • Reply jensen

I don’t know if it’s my biggest fear, but birds terrify me. I always think they’re going to fly right into me — not something I ever want to experience.

thao & the get down stay down! I saw her play the other night and have been singing all her songs ever since.

definitely have more leanings towards introvert. so many thoughts on this — I’ll shoot you an email.

if I’m at my normal coffee shop, chai. so spicy + so yummy!

Taylor!

May 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Birds are creepy. I agree. Excited to chat via email!

May 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • Reply Danielle

1. Small spaces or someone hugging me too tight. I freak out big time. I like my space.
    2. ‘All I Want’ by Kodaline
    3. Total introvert
    4. If I am visiting a coffee shop for the first time, I always order a vanilla latte. It is my litmus test. If it is a frequented coffee shop, I’ll go with a pour over or a cortado.
    5. Ryann – My mom made it up by combining my grandmothers last name, ‘Riddle’, with her middle name, ‘Ann’, and of course changing the ‘i’ to a ‘y’.

May 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Small spaces are awful. I once went hiking and we got sort of stuck in a cave that was so small I started breathing weird. Also, Vanilla lattes are a good litmus test. I love Intelligentsia’s!

May 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • Reply Tyler Sharpe

1. Accidentally killing someone.

2. Some crazy Skrillex jam

3. Introvert. Moonlighting as an extrovert.

4. Coffee! If I’m with a friend, I’ll ask what they like and consider that option as well. And then get coffee anyway.

5. Huston. Not “Houston”. So my initials are THS, like True Hollywood Story. Counts for something, right?

May 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Oh dang – yeah that’s a fear of mine too. Especially while I drive. Also – Skrillex is usually stuck in my head :)

May 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM
  • Reply Rowena @ rolala loves

Ooh fun!
    1. Losing my loved ones
    2. Mario’s Cafe by Saint Etienne
    3. Introvert for sure!
    4. Tea cause I don’t really drink coffee
    5. I actually don’t have one

May 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I had a friend who didn’t have a middle name! What kind of tea do you like best?

May 2, 2014 at 10:26 PM
  • Reply Ashley | StyleOnHigh

1. I’m irrationally afraid of waking up to a mouse on face like Carrie in Sex and the City.
    2. Fitz and the Tantrums- The Walker
    3. 1000% Introvert (I’ll email you) :)
    4. The sugar free/skim milk versions of a blended drink. So only slightly better for you milkshakes…
    5. Lynn (Not a giant fan. I’d trade you for Rose.)

May 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM

HAHA omg. That would FREEEEAK me out. Love that episode. Can’t wait to chat via email too!!

May 2, 2014 at 10:27 PM
  • Reply Hannah

1. Alzheimer’s/moths flying into my ears
    2. Listening to “Bill Murray” by Phantogram
    3. Much more introverted as I age
    4. Usually decaf mocha
    5. “Clay” — my mother’s maiden name. It’s my brother’s and sister’s middle names too, and I used to think my friends were weird because they had DIFFERENT middle names than their siblings.

May 2, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I was at a sleepover once in grade school and my friend’s brother got a moth stuck in his ear and had to go to the ER. AHHHHH!

May 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM
      • Reply Hannah

Allie, I kid you not, it has happened to me THREE TIMES.

May 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM
  • Reply erin moffitt

1. not accomplishing something purposeful with my life. also, losing my parents or siblings :( makes me sad just thinking about it!
    2. i have had alicia keys “girl on fire” (or whatever it’s called) stuck in my head for dayyyyys.
    3. introvert (who sometimes is mistaken for an extrovert in certain social settings). i love personality stuff and would love to answer some questions if you want to send them to me! moffitt.erin@gmail.com
    4.i’m a sucker for iced coffee – iced coffee w/ white mocha is my starbucks order. if i’m anywhere other than starbucks i’ll get a latte (chai or vanilla are my faves).
    5. christine! my mom’s middle name too.

May 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I get sad about losing my family too :( Haha that “Girl on Fire” song ALWAYS gets stuck in my head. Especially because of that commercial. I’ll email you next week too!!

May 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM
  • Reply Diana

What’s your biggest fear?
    I’ve been working on not worrying about the BIG issues, but I am irrationally freaked out by crickets. Something about the way the jump unexpectedly.

What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now?
    I’ve fallen victim to the Frozen mania – “let it go, let it goooooo!”

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
    I think I’m an introvert since I need serious downtime, but I have a schmoozy job and a lot of energy, so others tend to label me an extrovert. I love the “loud introvert” term that’s popped up in these comments!

If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order?
    I’m with you on the true macchiato. But Starbucks ruined it for me with their interpretation, so I usually ask for a “double espresso with foam, bone dry” to avoid getting some whipped cream-covered creation. I do sort of miss perfect latte art, though.

What’s your middle name?
    Michelle.

May 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I’m totally with you on the macchiato/Starbucks thing. I’ll need to order that specifically the next time I’m there. And I still haven’t seen frozen!! What’s wrong with me?

May 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM
  • Reply Anna

-Heights without a doubt. It’s something I’d really like to overcome.

-“Fancy” by Iggy. I think it’s because I’m obsessed with the “Clueless” theme of the video.

-In between. Depends on the weather. And how crazy my work week has been.

-Some sort of honey latte or just plain black.

-Elizabeth

May 2, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Mmmm honey lattes are amazing. Heights get me. I can’t do much involving them. It makes me sad too! Even hiking freaks me out!

May 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM
  • Reply Holly

Wow, some of my answers are so similar to yours Allison, though I am several decades older than you. :)

My biggest fear is that I’ll be arrested and found guilty of something I didn’t do. Yes, me too! I have nightmares about this.

Pompeii by Bastille

Major introvert, on all the tests.

Black coffee. If it’s after 1 pm I’d have a soy chai something or other.

My middle name is Joan, but my mother almost went with Rose.

May 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Have you ever seen the movie Broken Down Palace? I think that’s where my fear originated!

May 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • Reply Diana

Such a great idea! And I love the questions you choose — also pretty intrigued by how many people identified here as an introvert. I honestly love how mainstream the idea of introverts and extroverts has become — growing up my mom worked in psychology and gave me the Meyers-Briggs test pretty early on, but back then people would give you the weirdest looks if you brought up those words haha!

Biggest fear – not being able to breathe — the idea of going into a submarine or a space shuttle terrify me equally.

Song – “Come on Eileen” — my husband tends to sing this song A LOT. It’s kind of the worst!

Introvert — no question about it

Coffee shop — green tea if I’m feeling healthy, chai latte if I need a treat

Middle name – Elizabeth

May 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM

It’s so true! The discussion is fairly new but I love it. I love the song Come On Eileen! Haha but if we ever meet – I won’t sing it to you!

May 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM
  • Reply Stephanie

My biggest fear is getting diabetes. Random, but true.

This “when the lights go out and the sun goes down” bouncy song they were playing at Starbucks last weekend. If anyone knows who sings it, let me know–it’s so catchy, and I couldn’t find it online!

More of an extrovert because I love being around people, but I also feel like sometimes I need my space to recharge. Half and half?

Always a chai tea latte with lots of honey. It’s the most delicious drink.

Marie (my mom’s middle name, too).

May 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM
    • Reply Erin

Could it be “We Run the Night” by Havana Brown? Here’s a YouTube video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ugNCjeLKM

May 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM

My mom’s middle name is Marie too! Love it. And I loooove honey in drinks. My new fave is rose/lavender in stuff too. Hope Erin discovered your song!

May 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM
  • Reply Alyssa

Love that you put out these questions :)

1. Biggest Fear: Failing. At anything. Total perfectionist right here!
    2. Song Stuck in My Head: That song that’s like “I’m so fancy…” I don’t even know what it’s called and I want it out!
    3. Extrovert ALL the way. Married an introvert and he fascinates me :)
    4. I don’t like coffee, so hot coca or a smoothie is a safe bet.
    5. Marie. Super unoriginal, but I like it!

May 3, 2014 at 2:32 AM

I love the name Marie! So pretty. And I’m with you – my extrovert husband totally fascinates me!!

May 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM
  • Reply Erin

1. Not fulfilling my big dreams and goals

2. I didn’t have one in my head until I read the comments. Now it’s “Girl on Fire.” Haha!

3. I’ve taken tests on this before and always scored introvert, but just barely. I can’t stand being alone for too long. I get bored or even sad after too many hours. But I do need alone time to recharge. Feel free to email me: erincobrien22@gmail.com

4. I like to switch it up. This week I got an iced coffee with a shot of vanilla and some milk, so maybe that will be my order for a while.

5. Colleen, which is my mom’s first name.

May 3, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Haha! Now I have a ton of songs stuck in my head after reading through all these comments! Also – your coffee order sounds simple and delish!

May 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM
  • Reply Michelle

1. Biggest fear: Losing those I care about.

2. Song stuck in my head: cheek to cheek by Louis Armstrong/Ella Fitzgerald. Just the line “I’m in heaven”. Currently looking for ‘walking down the aisle songs’ and this came up. Not the song but still nice but still annoying that it is just that line stuck in my head.

3. I’m not quite sure. I alternate maybe. Was always shy but have come out of my shell a bit. I love spending time with the right people but also enjoy some alone time.

4. Cappuccino. I feel guilty ordering this most of the time because I live in Italy and you are only supposed to have these before noon but I only started drinking coffee since I moved here and haven’t gone ‘full strength nero’ yet.

5. No middle name for me. I feel left out.

May 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM

No middle name? That makes you unique!! Also – I get lines from songs in my head all the time. Just one!

May 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • Reply Laura Morris

What’s your biggest fear? – Oh gosh. I had to think about this for a minute, it is probably drowning! I am also really terrified of spiders, so maybe that.

What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now? Pompeii by Bastille. My husband HATES that song but I always turn it up loud in the car.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert, all the way.

If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order? I am an iced coffee with soy milk and sugar kinda gal. I also don’t like my coffee to taste like, well, coffee so it has to be super sweet!

What’s your middle name? Ellen

May 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Someone else up above had that Bastille song stuck in their head! I used to put so much sugar in my coffee too (and cream). I oddly became a “black coffee” kind of girl but I miss it sometimes.

May 7, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • Reply Briana

Fear? Driving off a bridge into water. Or being alone in the dark. Either way, I go crazy.
    Song? Story of My Life-my coworker keeps singing it…so now I am too.
    Introvert//extrovert? INTROVERT. Oh my gosh.
    Coffeeshop? Either espresso over ice or a traditional double macchiato.
    Middle name? Elizabeth

May 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I am ALSO scared of driving on bridges because of that very reason! And my husband looooves the song Story of my Life. HAHA

May 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM
  • Reply Jen

I love posts like these. :)

What’s your biggest fear?
    Not sure what my BIGGEST fear is, but last night I had a dream that I was stuck somewhere up high and had to climb across to safety and I was TERRIFIED. So, heights with no guarantee of safety freaks me out.

What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now?
    Out of My League by Fitz and the Tantrums. I didn’t even know the name of this song; I had to look it up. It’s on a playlist at work so I hear it all the time.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
    Introvert by a mile and a half.

If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order?
    Either drip coffee with room for cream (it’s much faster than waiting for an espresso drink) or a latte if I have more time to relax.

What’s your middle name?
    Wai Kee. I’m Chinese.

May 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Oh my – definitely hate those kind of dreams. I usually get drip coffee if I’m in a hurry too. Also – your middle name is so beautiful!

May 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • Reply Morgan E. Dominique

What’s your biggest fear? Heights. Nothing original there… I did a ropes course a few years ago and panicked way more than I would have liked to instead of enjoying the experience as much as I should have been!

What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now? Power of Two – indigo girls and Jared Mahone – No Me

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I’ve ALWAYS been extroverted but oddly enough, the older I get I find myself also growing more into an introverted tendencies and habits.

If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order? Americano or mocha latte with skim

What’s your middle name? Elizabeth

May 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Aw yay! Jared Mahone – such good guys! Also, I’m impressed that you took a ropes course. I think I’m poop my pants!

May 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • Reply Chau

What’s your biggest fear? At the moment, I’m on a solo adventure overseas and whilst I am pretty exhilerated about being on my own in new and foreign places, it is also scaring the heck out of me!
    What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now? Marlene – Stay Awake (http://youtu.be/WvbWuxOiJOw)
    Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Big introvert!!
    If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order? Skinny latte. Typical. lol
    What’s your middle name? I have two! The name I use in life and love and everything that matters is actually my middle name on my birth certificate. So in actual fact my middle names are: “Hong Chau” :)

May 10, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I’d be scared too! I have to face the fear of traveling alone. When do you leave for your trip? I’ll be thinking of you!

May 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM
      • Reply Chau

I’ve already left. Already survived Singapore and Chicago – both beautiful places. Now, I’m in New York for 10 days. Thank you! It’s been invigorating so far though! <3

May 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM
  • Reply Ashley

What’s your biggest fear? Being to afraid to follow my dreams and not knowing what those dreams are
    What song is stuck or playing in your head RIGHT now? All That I Am by Rend Collective
    Are you an introvert or an extrovert? introvert
    If you’re at a coffeeshop – what do you order? if the weather is hot, its a toffee nut frappucino, if it’s cold outside, its a white chocolate mocha
    What’s your middle name? Nicole

May 12, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Mmm your coffee drinks sound delicious. Do you feel like your fear comes and goes depending on what stage in life you’re in?

May 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM
      • Reply Ashley

I’m mostly afraid of what other people will think or say. I know I shouldn’t but that’s really what’s keeping me from doing anything. I research all the time and read about doing it, but I don’t take as much action. My husband and family believe in me to an extent, but I’m afraid of what others will say or think.

May 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM