Adventure

O14A4151

O14A4105

O14A4164

O14A4142

O14A4096

O14A4103

Most of the blogs that I follow are based on either coast (mainly NYC or LA) and while I tend to drool over their photos, I will always be a midwest girl. I grew up in Illinois, went to college in Indiana and now I live in Ohio. Last weekend we spent 24 hours in Indianapolis (specifically in Fountain Square) and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I found myself distracted by all the typography, signage and the little details. Plus, New Day Meadery makes my favorite mead. I had a glass of their strawberry rhubarb alongside a plate of brie, honey and prosciutto. Quite divine.

• Reply Audrey

Aw, this is around where I live! You are so right- most bloggers aren’t based in the midwest. I guess that’s why it’s always so exciting for me when a blogger posts about the midwest, especially Indiana!

April 29, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I’m the same way! It’s always so fun to see the middle of the country get some love :)

April 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • Reply Kelly Brito

I love NYC, and although I have not visited the Midwest, I’ve been wanting to for years. I feel I’m gonna love it. I have considered moving there a thousand times (life quality, cheaper houses, lower taxes, more space for the kid to play…), but my boyfriend is tied to the East Coast because of his work area. =/ Otherwise, I’d be somewhere in the Midwest or experimenting along the California area by now.

April 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM

You’d love it! So much character + charm. Plus, people are extremely friendly. I understand how it is to have ties. A lot of our clients are local BUT now that we have a space…moving is less likely.

April 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM
  • Reply Valerie | Lily on Fillmore

Ah, your photos are always so gorgeous! (First of all.) I’m based on the coast, but here I am, drooling over your Midwest photos. My boyfriend is originally from a small town in Ohio + Chicago, so I keep hinting to him that I am 100 percent willing to spend at least a few years in that area instead. Now’s the time to explore, right?

April 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Aw thanks Valerie! The midwest is quite lovely – I bet you’d love it here! We love venturing around to Cleveland, Indianapolis and other areas. Up next – Pittsburgh!

April 29, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • Reply Amal

This is beautiful! The images, yes, and the landscape, too.

April 29, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • Reply giulia

im not too familiar with the midwest but you make it look amazing! also, i love how you designers will find the most beautiful typography in the most random places:)

April 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Aw thank you! I try to find the beauty – especially in type :)

May 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • Reply Graylin

Yes!! Indiana forever!!!

Where did you go to college?! IU?

April 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Woot! I went to Taylor University (in between Indy and Ft Wayne)!

May 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • Reply Natalia

You’re right it seems like every blogger is from one of the coasts. I’m from Indiana. Moved from Indianapolis to a small-ish town two hours NW of it. But I’ll always love Indy

April 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Oh that’s awesome! What town? I went to school in Upland (near Marion) and worked in Kokomo!

May 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • Reply whitney

i grew up in indy and am heading back this weekend! loveee this :)

May 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Aww so awesome! Have a BLAST!

May 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • Reply Laura A

Gracious, Fountain Square is such a gem in Indianapolis. They have this delicious Peruvian restaurant with the sweetest owners. Definitely worth checking out the next time you’re there!

May 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM

It really, really is. I passed that Peruvian restaurant and wanted to try it but we already ate at Siam…Square/Place/something. My mom’s good friend’s husband is from Peru and I always loved the food I tried!

May 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM