Why yes, this is a blog post about toys. Thanks for noticing. But not just any toys. Toys that I specifically played with as a kid (and loved with all my heart). I get pretty nostalgic but have an awful memory. So when I looked up “1990 toys” on Pinterest/Google, my mind exploded. I had forgotten about some of these things and had to blog about them.
- Rock Tumbler. I was able to take the generic, crappy rocks out of my parents’ landscaping and make them glossy. Yes please.
- Teddy Ruxpin. I believe he came with a tape player near his butt? I dug it.
- Polly Pocket. I would legitimately buy Polly Pockets today if they were as cool as they were then.
- Puppy Surprise! It’s how I truly understood the anatomy of animals.
- Littlest Pet Shop. I loved my toys to have toys. And accessories. So Littlest Pet Shop was my jam.
- Tamagotchi! I also had a Nano Pet but I loved my Tamagotchi more. (Don’t tell!)
- Necklaces that were also filled with bubbles. Obviously.
- Those sticky hands that we’d fling onto the wall and ceiling ultimately making our mom so mad.
What were your favorite toys?
A weekly email where I share things that made me stop and consider: opinions, other articles on the internet, trying new experiences, and products you might like to buy.