Leave a comment - 12 so far

From Up Above

I thought I’d share a few shots from our quick stay in downtown Chicago earlier this month. It was such a calm visit. The temperatures were a lot cooler (so cool, in fact, that I ran into a store and bought a sweater!) and I spent so much time just staring outside our hotel room window looking at all the people walking by. From far away, they all seemed so pleasant. When you’re up above and enjoying the view…you forget about all the cynicism and disrespect. I felt really peaceful with a barrier.

Is that weird?

You Might Also Like

• Reply Colette August 28, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I love the last shot, it very well represents what you described in your words, Allison! I have never been beyon the airport of Chicago, but it is a city I hope to visit one day. I don’t know why, but there is something about being up in a building and watch the world from a window. It is, like you said, very peaceful, and gived me the impression of being protected from this world where people always seem to be going somewhere…

• Reply Allison August 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

You should definitely make a trip to Chicago sometime. It’s one of my favorite cities to visit and will always have a special place in my heart (since I’m from Illinois).

• Reply Shanna August 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

STUNNING shots.

• Reply Becky Bedbug August 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Such beautiful photos, Allison! I love being above and looking down on people. It feels so serene to watch the bustle below.

Becky
    xx

• Reply Allison August 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I agree :) And thank you, Becky!

• Reply Jess August 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Love these shots, especially the first and the third. It makes me want to pull out my cameras again! (Let’s plan a date to wander around town and shoot in film?)

• Reply Allison August 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I took a little break from shooting (film AND digital) and am just getting back into it. Oh how I’ve missed it!

• Reply Kristiina August 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Love the last pic, funny thing is, when I was in Chicago, it was literally the nicest people I have ever met, everywhere I went.

• Reply Allison August 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM

It can definitely be a friendly city :) I tend to love the Midwest because of that aspect!

• Reply Tori August 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Chicago looks like such a beautiful city! I love NYC and I hear Chicago is just its cleaner (and smaller) twin. It’s on my top cities to visit list! Love how you captured your trip.

• Reply Allison August 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Definitely more manageable and MUCH cleaner! Although I love the Subway more than the L!