Free 2-Week Gluten-Free Meal Plan

I’m excited to be sharing a simple 2-week gluten-free meal plan today! Click here to get your copy! After sharing that I went gluten-free and then following up with my post about healthy living, I had a lot of readers ask me for favorite recipes and tips. I don’t claim to know everything but I’m glad that I took control of my diet back in February. This meal plan contains a lot of the same types of produce (zucchini, salad greens, tomatoes) but also allows you to choose a lot of your favorite veggies and protein. I eat a lot of the same meals so you’ll see some repetition which will make grocery shopping easier.

Often times I hear people complain and say that eating gluten-free is expensive. I wholeheartedly disagree. Most of my diet is made up of eggs, fruit, veggies, rolled oats and meat. The only “gluten-free products” that I tend to buy are pizza crust mix, granola, and frozen meals for lunches. As I mention in the meal plan, we spend about $125-150 per week on groceries and try to only eat out 2-3 times.

Lastly, I want to encourage those thinking of trying a gluten-free diet to just give it two weeks. Not because 2 weeks will cure all your problems but I found that it started to feel like a natural part of my life after 2 weeks. I don’t promote gluten-free living as a fad diet. After suffering from fatigue, migraines, bloating, and depression for most of my adult life…I view my gluten-free diet as medicinal. It allows me to have the energy to workout daily, balance my schedule, and really enjoy my life. As Shauna (Gluten-Free Girl) said, “Let’s help some more folks to be well.”

I hope that this meal plan will help some of you to be well.

1. jenn on July 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I’ve been waiting for this. I’m thinking two weeks is a perfect way to try it out and see if gluten free is the way yo go for me. GRACIAS for the free download :) and thanks again for sharing your personal experience.

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

You are very welcome!! Let me know how it goes Jenn!

2. Janae @ Bring-Joy on July 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Allison, are you Celiac, or did you just eliminate gluten, felt better, so now you do it? I’m the later of these two, been gluten-free for 6 months (with a few minor, regretable lapses).

Do you know if an intolerance runs in your family. Thanks for sharing, I agree wholeheartedly with what you have to say about the benefits of going gluten-free–I’ve experienced the same myself!

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM

We are the same! I decided to go GF without getting a blood test or a biopsy first. Now that I haven’t had gluten in 6 months (and I feel so much better), I’m not really comfortable with eating gluten just to get officially tested.

My sister has celiac and my mom had a gluten intolerance – which is why I thought to even try it!

3. Siv on July 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Thank you for this! I’ve been considering cutting out gluten from my diet for the same reasons as you, and hopefully this post will be the push I need to get going!

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I hope it helps!! Keep me posted :)

4. candace m. on July 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

it can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. i buy udi’s bread and pretzels…but mostly stick to rice, fruit, veggies, and meat.

2 celiacs and a type 1 diabetic in our household and we eat very well for $100 a week!

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Yum! Love Udi’s! I agree, it definitely CAN be expensive but so can any grocery trip if you buy anything that looks good. Planning our meals out in advance really helps too.

5. Val on July 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Great menu! I went GF last summer (I miss beer so much) and now my stomach doesn’t constantly hurt as it has all of my life. Celiac and intolerance runs in my family and I wish some of my sisters would try it out. I’m constantly trying new recipes – trying to cook GF from scratch, so it’s always great to have some new ones!

(your links are opening in same tab in the menu, so I had to tab back and forth – if you can switch them to open in a new tab/window, it may make it easier for others so they don’t lose their place . I often forget to change that setting in my posts, so Ithought I’d let you know in case you were able to change it)

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hi Val! Glad to hear from you and I hope your family gives it a try soon! I hope some of those recipes can be helpful :)

As for the links, are you referring to the links in the PDF? I’m not sure how to change that since I add the links in my design software. Clicking COMMAND when clicking on a link should open a new tab if you’re on a Mac. If it still gives you trouble, maybe save the PDF to your desktop and then it will open all the links in your browser!

6. Ann on July 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I’m not gluten intolerant, but I love a good meal plan to help take that off my hands! I’m gonna try yours out with the veg substitutions. Yay! Thanks for the awesome resource! Which Amy’s frozen meals do you like? I’ve never gotten any but I should to save some $$$ during lunch.

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM

So glad it can be helpful even for non-GF people!! Let me know how you like it.

As for Amy’s, I really love them all. The Indian meals are great and I love the enchiladas and bowls. Let me know which ones you end up trying!

7. Jessica on July 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Thanks for posting this! I’ve been thinking I might have a gluten intolerance for a while and I’m looking forward to trying this!

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I hope it helps, Jessica! Keep me posted :)

8. Ashton on July 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I am excited to try this! I have Type 1 diabetes and so food is naturally a thorn in my side. ;) I am definitely tired of the chronic fatigue and all the other symptoms that go hand in hand with elevated blood sugars. So, I am going to look into this and see if it aids in getting my numbers under control! Thanks for sharing this! :)

• Allison on July 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hi Ashton! So glad that it might be helpful. Keep me posted!

• candace m. on July 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

My daughter and I have celiac and my husband has type 1 diabetes…we’ve found that gluten free grains are generally higher in carbs than regular grains. However, I tend to try to cook with lower Glycemic Index foods to sort of meet in the middle (not to mention that lower G.I. foods are better for my daughter and myself anyway!).

I’d highly recommend some Glycemic Index conscious cookbooks! :D

9. Karen on September 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I love that you have this shared in such a clear, easy to follow format. I’ve actually been trying to go gluten free with the goal of two weeks because I heard you really feel the difference. I was curious, so I gave it a shot. It wasn’t as hard as I thought, except after 1 week, I cheated, which I regretted. I’m now redoing again, so this is timely. Thanks so much!

I also just found your blog for the first time. I love it! Can’t wait to keep discovering more goodies.

• Allison on September 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I’m so glad that it’s useful!! And I wanted recipes included that I use day to day! Thanks for visiting and saying hi!!

10. meghan on October 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I love this allison!! I blog about gluten free living. I was diagnosed with celiac’s several years ago, and also have a severe allergy to dairy and eggs so we are also vegan. There is so much to eating gluten free, and even more to actually eating a healthy diet WHILE eating gluten free. I think that’s what a lot of folks don’t understand. I love that you’ve created this reasource! I am trying to brainstorm ways I could help your readers as they have questions about gluten free living. If you would want to team up you can always feel free to contact me:). Since I’ve made the change, I’ve gained a lot of knowledge (and I work at a Naturopathic Physician’s office so that helps too) about gluten free, natural and healthy living:). Have a happy day!!

• Allison on October 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hi Meghan!

Thank you SO much for commenting – I am LOVING your blog. We should totally collaborate!!! I’ll email you when I’m back from vacation and we can chat.

11. I'm a Gluten-Free Man - Adam Lehman's Blog on November 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

[…] Check it the gluten-free meal guide In Man Life gluten free, meal guide, sorghum beer […]

12. Stacie on February 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Thank you for the meal plans. I just tested positive for celiac after my brother was diagnosed. I’m trying to follow a “natural” food plan. This will be a big help.

• Allison on February 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I’m so glad, Stacie! Let me know if you ever need any tips!

13. Meet Allison on May 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM

[…] also co-authors the wonderful whole health and food  blog, Considering You.She also has a great FREE 2 week Gluten Free meal plan for you to download.  Keep reading to learn more about Allison’s journey. Welcome to our […]

14. Morgan on August 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Hey, I was waiting for this to be emailed to me, it hasnot come thru yet..

• Paul on August 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM

did the plan eventually come through?
      I’m patiently waiting for the email too!

• Allison on August 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Hi Paul! It can take up to an hour for the plan to be emailed to you. Please let me know if you don’t receive it!

• Paul on August 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Thanks Allison, looking forward to it :)

• Allison on August 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Hi Morgan! After signing up, it can take up to an hour to deliver to your inbox. Please let me know if you didn’t get it!

15. B on October 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Hi! I just signed up and I am wondering when I can expect to receive the free meal plan? Thank you

• Allison on October 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Have you still not received it?

• B on October 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I have it now thank you so much. Day 1 today!

16. games like imvu on October 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Incredible points. Great arguments. Keep up the aamazing

17. gluten free diet for kids on January 3, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Neat article. awesome content I look forward to reading your other posts.

18. simple diet plan for college student on January 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Thanks for every other informative site. Where else may just I get
    that type of information written in such a perfect method?
    I have a mission that I am just now operating on, and
    I have been on the glance out for such info.

19. Francis Foye on April 8, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Glad there is a 2-week program for this because it is not advised that you consume a lot of amount of food with specific contents/nutrition immediately. You have to take things slowly for your body to adjust and cope up.

20. tagalog movies full movies comedy on May 23, 2014 at 2:53 AM

The determinations are made every ten years following the census.
    Mang John represented our generation’s admirable and loving father figure
    who would rather live a humble yet dignified existence in a modest home he himself built rather than live
    in a mansion that would hold him a prisoner and a door mat forever.
    However, they became estranged when the black man from Kenya decided to leave his wife and son to pursue his own goals by studying in Harvard.

21. […] A Simple 2 Week Gluten-Free Meal Plan – Home | Be Up & Doing – I’m excited to be sharing a simple 2-week gluten-free meal plan today! … Lastly, I want to encourage those thinking of trying a gluten-free diet to just give it two weeks. … easy to follow format. […]

22. […] Free 2-Week Gluten-Free Meal Plan – Be Up & Doing – I’ve been considering cutting out gluten from my diet for the same reasons as you, … and also have a severe allergy to dairy and eggs so we are also vegan. … 7 Day Sample Easy Gluten Free Diet Plan | my gluten free diet; Leave a Comment Cancel Reply. Name * Email * […]

23. Lillie on October 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Hey! I’m at work surfing around our blog from my new
    apple iphone! Just wanted too say I love reading through
    our blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Keep up thhe outstanding work!

24. cartas De cumpleaños para una hermana on October 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Unquestionably consider thgat that youu stated.

Yourr favourite justification appeared to be at the internet the simplest factor to keep in mind of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked even as people think about issues that
    tbey just do nnot understand about. You controlled
    to hit thhe nsil upon the top and also defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , ogher folks can take a signal.

Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

25. Carmine on October 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website’s articles or reviews daily along
    with a mug of coffee.