I’m always saying, “Ugh. What should I take for lunch tomorrow?” I try not to eat out (and honestly there’s not a lot to choose from where I work during the day) and so I like to bring a fun lunch with me. All I have to work with is a microwave at work and so all these delicious “hot” meals always make me jealous. After awhile, a girl gets tired of the frozen burrito and PB&J sandwiches. I’ve compiled a few fun ideas for lunches and would LOVE any suggestions from you all.
- Greek Chicken Salad: I love this because I can make a large batch and mix up what I bring for the “bread.” Maybe a croissant, bread bowl, or chips!
- Lemony Shrimp and White Bean Salad: Who doesn’t love seafood for lunch!? And no need to heat it up and make all your co-workers complain about the fish smell.
- Smashed White Bean and Avocado Club: Avocado? Say no more.
- Veggie Salad with Pita: Simple and fresh. Also, no need to worry about it getting soggy.
- And of course How to Avoid a Soggy Salad: GENIUS.
Other great ideas include soups, sweet potato with chili (thanks Jess), and the ever faithful leftovers. Let’s hear your favorite lunches!
Be Up & Doing in Your Inbox
Enter your email below and you'll get a weekly digest of any new posts from Be Up & Doing sent directly to your email inbox!