Leave a comment - 37 so far

Oh Snap! November Photo Challenge

It seems impossible that it’s almost been a month since I hosted the 30 Day Photo Challenge. But…it’s true. And I’ve had a lot of people asking for the next one. SO HERE YOU GO! This challenge will last a month but we’ll only have FOUR submission dates. Below are the submission dates and themes:

I wanted this challenge to be drastically different than the first. Each week’s theme is a bit more abstract and will let you all interpret it however you’d like. Below are the specific guidelines:

• You will only be submitting 4 photos. One photo per week. This is not a 30 Day Challenge.
  • This is a digital/film camera challenge. That means: no photos from your cell phone
  • You must shoot within the week prior to the due date. That means starting Sunday, October 30th you can start shooting for Photo #1.
  • The photo must be submitted Sunday by 8pm EST.
  • Photos will be posted on my blog by the following Wednesday at 9am EST.
  • To bring more focus to each photo, you must include the following when submitting: type of camera, type of lens (if applicable), & location. You can include this information in the “Your Message” portion of the submission page.
  • Make sure your photo is 700 px wide, .JPG format, & include your website if you want anything linked back to you.
  • Starting October 30th, you will find a submission button here on my blog (in the sidebar). You must submit through my blog for your photo to be published.
  • If tweeting about the challenge, use the hashtag #NOPHO
To make it even more fun (and maybe bring in a little motivation), on November 30th, Dabito from Old Brand New will be choosing his FAVORITE photo from the entire month. I’ll be placing all the submissions in a Flickr set with all the photo information and letting him choose. The winner will be announced here on my blog on Wednesday, December 7th at 10:30am EST. The prize? A Diana+ 35 mm camera from Lomography.com! To win this prize, you must submit a photo for each week.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Claire Helene October 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Oh fun! I think I’m going to try and participate this month!

• Reply Allison October 26, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Claire I would love that!

• Reply LesserOfTheTwo October 30, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question but where, if any place, do you sign up? Because I actually wanna do this.

• Reply Allison October 30, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Hi! You don’t have to sign up but later today there will be a button on my sidebar that will allow you to upload your submissions along with the shot information!

• Reply Brandie October 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I sure hope I complete this one! It sounds fun!

I’m hoping in subsequent months we might also see a cell phone only challenge. I’m so pumped about my iPhone 4S camera!

• Reply Allison October 26, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Yes a phone camera challenge would be fun. I just use my iPhone all the time and I like doing these challenges to bring me out of my comfort zone. But there is definitely an interest in a phone camera challenge. Preference on when hosting one would be the best?

• Reply Martín October 26, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I’m not gonna be able to participate. My mother’s taken the camera for her holidays and I’m only left with my cellphone camera. :(

I also hope there will be a challenge of Cellphone cameras only, even though my cell is far from an iPhone but I’m confident some Photoshop can help compensate its lack of quality.

I’ll be following this challenge as a viewer anyways. It sound like fun!

• Reply Allison October 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM

We’ll miss your participation this time!! Definitely keep track of it. I always love your input.

• Reply Chris Walker October 26, 2011 at 3:55 PM

The no “camera phone” rule is lame… A camera is a camera no matter what.(someone had to hate on this rule)

But anyways I’m going to try to do the challenge and I’m looking forward to it.

CW
    CWalkerPhotography.com

• Reply Allison October 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Haters gonna hate :)

You should host a camera phone challenge on your blog!

• Reply Joshua Cook October 26, 2011 at 7:04 PM

LOVE IT.

And I love stipulations and limitations. Looking forward to it !

• Reply Allison October 28, 2011 at 11:57 AM

So glad you’re participating Josh!!!

• Reply Jon Schelander-Pugh October 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I’m super excited about this. A couple questions just for clarity and peace of mind:

-Is it fine to switch between film and digital throughout the challenge?
    -I may want to use some Polaroid instant film for one or two of these. That’s not a problem, right?
    -Do you have any expectations/reservations about making edits to scanned film photographs in Photoshop?

Like Joshua, I like the limitations/rules. I just don’t want to break any. :)

• Reply Allison October 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Hi Jon!! Thanks for asking. Yes you can switch between film and digital (I probably will) and definitely can use Polaroid.

And I don’t have any issues with any editing. Edit away!!! Can’t wait to see your shots!

• Reply Have a Lovely Weekend | Design Curiosities October 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM

[…] is hosting a new photo challenge, this time with a […]

• Reply Sasha October 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Hi, I just found this site, this sounds really cool. I’m excited to enter :D

• Reply Allison October 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Awesome! I’m glad you’ll be submitting, Sasha!

• Reply Leash W October 30, 2011 at 3:25 AM

awesome i’m in! (despite having to google ‘negative space’). not sure of the time difference but i figure if i submit before 8pm sunday my time i should be fine :o) we’re first to see the sun down here.

• Reply Allison October 31, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Leash- I think you should be good with the time difference. Glad you googled ‘negative space!’ Google pretty much answers all my questions :)

• Reply show + tell / Oh Snap! November Photo Challenge « Badger's Musings October 30, 2011 at 6:14 PM

[…] allison lehman : show + tell / Oh Snap! November Photo Challenge. […]

• Reply cobi October 31, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I’m in! :)

• Reply allison lehman : show + tell / 30 Day Drawing Challenge October 31, 2011 at 8:26 PM

[…] click here. I hosted a 30 Day Photo Challenge in September 2011. Right now I’m hosting a November Photo Challenge. Join […]

• Reply Chris Walker October 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I just want to clarify the only restrictions are that images just to be shot in the week of the theme and they cant be shot with a camera phone.

Am I’m missing anything?

CW

• Reply Allison October 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Correct!!! :) And you have to include the type of camera, lens (if applicable) and location in the message portion of the upload page. Thanks for checking, Chris!

• Reply Chris Walker October 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Awesome, I tend to look over details often so I thought I would clarify.

CW

• Reply Rosalie Andrea November 1, 2011 at 2:37 AM

I just came across this blog and I’m really excited to see what other projects you’ll be posting. I hope to be a part of this one too!

• Reply Allison November 1, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Aw thanks :) I hope you will too Rosalie!!

• Reply dabito . old brand new November 1, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I’m so excited to be part of this month’s photo challenge. Thanks, Allison for reaching out to me. I’m looking forward to everyone’s beautiful photos.

• Reply Allison November 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM

SO excited, Dabito!

• Reply allison lehman : show + tell / #NOPHO Reminder November 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

[…] for the November Photo Challenge is due by this Sunday at 8pm EST. You can read the original post here to review the guidelines and learn about the prize up for grabs! You also may notice a new button […]

• Reply Kendra November 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Oh Snap! I should check in on what you’re doing more often! I almost missed the start of another photography challenge! I’m challenging myself to actually participate in this one. I will need to submit early on this one, but it looks like your button is in place, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Looking forward to this!

• Reply allison lehman : show + tell / Lots of Love, No Links November 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

[…] If you’re in the Indianapolis area and are looking for a wedding/event planner…check out Lori Solomon with Boldly Chic Events. I’m making updates to her site now! Regular blogging will continue tomorrow! And be sure to come back on Wednesday because I’ll be posting all Week 1 submissions for my November Photo Challenge! […]

• Reply Negative Space (#NOPHO) « TheKate Photography November 28, 2011 at 5:48 AM

[…] was by far the most difficult theme of the #NOPHO challenge to […]

• Reply allison lehman : show + tell / LIFE! December 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM

[…] city guides, wedding features, and MORE. Check back tomorrow for the announcement of the November Photo Challenge winner (chosen by the amazing Dabito from Old Brand […]

• Reply allison lehman : show + tell / #NOPHO Winner! December 7, 2011 at 10:38 AM

[…] happy to announce that Jon Schelander-Pugh is the winner of the November Photo Challenge! Congrats, Jon! I thought I would share a few words from our judge, Dabito, about his choice: My oh […]