How to Care for Introverts
- Respect their need for privacy.
- Never embarrass them in public.
- Let them observe first in new situations.
- Give them time to think. Don’t demand instant answers.
- Don’t interrupt them.
- Give them advanced notice of expected changes in their lives.
- Give them 15 minutes warnings to finish whatever they are doing before calling them to dinner or moving on to the next activity.
- Reprimand them privately.
- Teach them new skills privately rather than in public.
- Enable them to find one best friend who has similar interests and abilities; encourage this relationship even if the friend moves.
- Do not push them to make lots of friends.
- Respect their introversion. Don’t try to remake them into extroverts.
Photo source unknown. Let me know if you know!